Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Default Huge Fire in Puerto Rico

This probably won't get any publicity back in the states unless there
is major property damage, but right now we have a spectacular view of
a very large fire which has totally encircled a mountain and is
climbing higher. It's a little after sunset and we're anchored a few
miles south east of Salinas which is on the south central coast of
Puerto Rico. Trade winds have been blowing strong out of the east at
15 to 20 kts all day and are fanning the flames. We can easily see
the flames from 3 or 4 miles away.

Hopefully there are no homes or people at risk.