Default Can you make boating purchases with an ATM or a Credit Card?

And if so which is better?

I'm hoping for a 300-post thread here. Don't let me down.

On 10/6/2012 10:23 AM, EmpacherFan wrote:
And if so which is better?

I'm hoping for a 300-post thread here. Don't let me down.

Yes. It depends on the price of the boat. If the boat only cost a few
hundred dollars, it might be cheaper to use the ATM.
Thanks for thinking up such an interesting topic. I was beginning to
think you had nothing of value contribute.
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 6, 10:02*am, Meyer wrote:
On 10/6/2012 10:23 AM, EmpacherFan wrote: And if so which is better?

I'm hoping for a 300-post thread here. Don't let me down.

Yes. It depends on the price of the boat. If the boat only cost a few
hundred dollars, it might be cheaper to use the ATM.
Thanks for thinking up such an interesting topic. I was beginning to
think you had nothing of value *contribute.

Nah, He's already proven to have boating subjects.

But I can't see why you can't use a credit card for any purchase. You
get cash redeemable points on most credit cards

On 10/6/2012 12:39 PM, Tim wrote:
On Oct 6, 10:02 am, Meyer wrote:
On 10/6/2012 10:23 AM, EmpacherFan wrote: And if so which is better?

I'm hoping for a 300-post thread here. Don't let me down.

Yes. It depends on the price of the boat. If the boat only cost a few
hundred dollars, it might be cheaper to use the ATM.
Thanks for thinking up such an interesting topic. I was beginning to
think you had nothing of value contribute.

Nah, He's already proven to have boating subjects.

But I can't see why you can't use a credit card for any purchase. You
get cash redeemable points on most credit cards

You can get some merchants to give special consideration to cash
purchases. IYKWIM.

On Sat, 6 Oct 2012 10:23:51 -0400, EmpacherFan wrote:

And if so which is better?

I'm hoping for a 300-post thread here. Don't let me down.

When I bought my Key West, the dealer and I agreed on the price. Then he asked how I wanted to
finance it, offering me a choice of three banks/loan organizations he worked with. I told him I
wanted to put it on my VISA. He gave me a funny look, like, "Are you bull****ting me?" Then he said
he had to make a phone call. He came back and said I could put only $10,000 on VISA at one time -
rules of his accounting firm (?). OK, so I said I'd put up $10,000 as a down payment, and then pay
off the boat when it came in. He said that would work. Then, when the boat came in, I put another
$10,000 on my VISA. Because of the rewards program, I got 3% of the $20,000 back. The dealer wasn't
thrilled. I pulled a similar deal when I bought my 5th wheel trailer.

The credit, for the month or so of each charge, was free!

On 10/6/2012 11:54 AM, GuzzisRule wrote:
[...]

I'm proud of ya, John.

On Sat, 6 Oct 2012 14:04:02 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Yeah, sure, credit is free. Dumbass, you still don't get it and never
will, apparently.

It wasn't free to my bank! They paid me good bucks for using the credit they extended!
jps jps is offline

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 15:24:33 -0400, GuzzisRule
wrote:

[...]

You bank will just find a way to 1000 other people with exhorbitant
fees for overdrawn checks or teller visits or debit card purchases. No
matter, you got what you wanted, screw everyone else.