Default *Not* nu-ku-lar

http://tinyurl.com/bvpfh9t

I recall saying I would post a photo of our not mu-ku-lar power plant
(aka Genny the Generator) one of these days. Here's a photo of it
shortly after it was delivered but before it was hooked up.

It runs a lot in the house, but not everything at the same time!
--

What do the Republican Party of the United States and the Muslim
Brotherhood of the Arab World have in common? They're both faith-based

On 8/24/2012 1:31 PM, X ` Man wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/bvpfh9t

I recall saying I would post a photo of our not mu-ku-lar power plant
(aka Genny the Generator) one of these days. Here's a photo of it
shortly after it was delivered but before it was hooked up.

It runs a lot in the house, but not everything at the same time!

You are truly blessed to have so many things

In article , dump-on-
says...

http://tinyurl.com/bvpfh9t

I recall saying I would post a photo of our not mu-ku-lar power plant
(aka Genny the Generator) one of these days. Here's a photo of it
shortly after it was delivered but before it was hooked up.

It runs a lot in the house, but not everything at the same time!

Does that fire up automatically when power goes out? If so does the
power have to be out for several minutes before it kicks on? Reason I
ask is that around here, sometimes a line gets knocked down or some
such, and the power goes out for maybe ten seconds while everything
resets, so I wonder how the genny handles that.

On 8/24/12 2:47 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article , dump-on-
says...

http://tinyurl.com/bvpfh9t

I recall saying I would post a photo of our not mu-ku-lar power plant
(aka Genny the Generator) one of these days. Here's a photo of it
shortly after it was delivered but before it was hooked up.

It runs a lot in the house, but not everything at the same time!

Does that fire up automatically when power goes out? If so does the
power have to be out for several minutes before it kicks on? Reason I
ask is that around here, sometimes a line gets knocked down or some
such, and the power goes out for maybe ten seconds while everything
resets, so I wonder how the genny handles that.

You can set the genny to fire up automatically after a power outage, or
you can set it to fire up manually. We also have momentary power
glitches from the utility company from time to time. Typically, if they
last at least 15 seconds, the transfer switch transfers the supplying of
power to the generator and after the power from the utility comes back
on, the transfer switch switches power supply back to the utility.

As you might suspect, this can get a bit silly if there are a series of
glitches from the utility, which sometimes happens. If you want to avoid
that, there is an on-off-auto switch on the genny, and a main breaker,
and a switch inside the transfer box. If you want, you can set the
backup so it only comes on manually. It's a minor pain in the ass to do
this. I wrote up a cheat sheet and had it laminated so I would have the
steps in proper order. Usually if I am around during the day, everything
is on manual.

Compared to a larger portable genny on wheels, these are more complex
and, unfortunately, a lot more expensive but...they are a lot quieter
than the portables, and they burn propane or natural gas rather than
gasoline. Those are real advantages. Also, it would take a really large
portable unit on wheels to start up our heat pumps.

On 8/24/2012 3:30 PM, X ` Man wrote:
[...]

Do you have a "guy" come by to handle all the switcharoo and transfer
stuff for you? Seems like it could get complicated.

X ` Man wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/bvpfh9t

I recall saying I would post a photo of our not mu-ku-lar power plant
(aka Genny the Generator) one of these days. Here's a photo of it
shortly after it was delivered but before it was hooked up.

It runs a lot in the house, but not everything at the same time!

17Kw - there are portables that put out more than that. Why not go for
the 20Kw? The price difference is tiny.

Meyer wrote:
On 8/24/2012 1:31 PM, X ` Man wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/bvpfh9t

I recall saying I would post a photo of our not mu-ku-lar power plant
(aka Genny the Generator) one of these days. Here's a photo of it
shortly after it was delivered but before it was hooked up.

It runs a lot in the house, but not everything at the same time!

You are truly blessed to have so many things

It's air-cooled and cheap. If he spent more than $4K he got robbed.

On Aug 24, 2:28*pm, Meyer wrote:
On 8/24/2012 1:31 PM, X ` Man wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/bvpfh9t

I recall saying I would post a photo of our not mu-ku-lar power plant
(aka Genny the Generator) one of these days. Here's a photo of it
shortly after it was delivered but before it was hooked up.

It runs a lot in the house, but not everything at the same time! *

You are truly blessed to have so many things

I'll bet its not even his....just like his Boat he wont show
anyone.....you know, the picture I asked for....with him standing in,
or next to it.

In article , earl83868
@hotmail.com says...

X ` Man wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/bvpfh9t

I recall saying I would post a photo of our not mu-ku-lar power plant
(aka Genny the Generator) one of these days. Here's a photo of it
shortly after it was delivered but before it was hooked up.

It runs a lot in the house, but not everything at the same time!

17Kw - there are portables that put out more than that. Why not go for
the 20Kw? The price difference is tiny.

He just needs it to power his "storage array" with all of his "movies".

Harry can't live a day or two without being able to watch his "movies."

In article , earl83868
@hotmail.com says...

Meyer wrote:
On 8/24/2012 1:31 PM, X ` Man wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/bvpfh9t

I recall saying I would post a photo of our not mu-ku-lar power plant
(aka Genny the Generator) one of these days. Here's a photo of it
shortly after it was delivered but before it was hooked up.

It runs a lot in the house, but not everything at the same time!

You are truly blessed to have so many things

It's air-cooled and cheap. If he spent more than $4K he got robbed.

He most likely paid $15K for the genset and the install. Got to have a
union landscaper, union carpenter, union electrician and what ever other
union guys to install the genset.