Default Hey Tim...

In article ,
says...

On Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:40:50 PM UTC-4, X ` Man wrote:
On 8/15/12 12:26 PM,
wrote:

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 11:32:31 -0400, X ` Man

wrote:

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Educational Attainment in the

United States was as follows in 2009

85.3 per cent of Americans were high school grads

27.9 per cent were college grads

10.3 per cent had advanced college degrees

South Carolina's percentages for the same categories:

83.6

24.3

8.4

Maryland's percentages for the same categories:

88.2

35.7

16.0

Maryland's percentage of its citizens with post graduate degrees is

among the highest in the nation. South Carolina's is?below average.

Have nice day?and read a book.

How does that break out by county?

I suppose I could find out on factfinder census if I were so motivated.

My guess is that in Maryland, the educational leaders would be

Montgomery, Anne Arundel, Howard Counties, and the suburban counties

around Baltimore. Our county wouldn't be near the top of the

list...we're still mostly rural-ish here and I don't believe we have any

four year colleges in the immediate area.

I'm sure you drag many of your county's stats down a lot. But you do help increase the "Assholes per Square Mile" stat.

The same issues you mention for your county is what pulls SC's stats down... most of our counties are rural, and many in the "lowcountry" are very poor. The demographics just aren't in their favor.

Of course we have Columbia, Greenville/Spartanburg, and the Charleston area as our nice areas, all with universities, industry, all the modern amenities, etc. And the best part... nowhere near as many assholes as Maryland!

Oh, you know Harry's just a bigot.

Hey Tim! John Again General 12 July 23rd 09 12:22 PM
Hey, Tim! [email protected] General 32 June 4th 09 05:34 AM
Hey, Tim [email protected] General 0 January 15th 09 12:03 AM
Hey, Tim [email protected] General 0 January 14th 09 09:31 PM
Hey Tim... Tim General 1 January 4th 07 04:07 AM