Default Yo Tim!

On 7/29/12 7:07 AM, John H. wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 02:07:54 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 21:35:12 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jul 28, 8:00 pm, wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:30:12 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jul 28, 5:44 pm, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 7/28/12 5:06 PM, John H. wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 15:25:25 -0400, X ` Man wrote:

On 7/22/12 3:18 PM, John H. wrote:
Did you and your buddy ever come up with a suggestion of the .45 I'm going to buy? Tried to call,
but no answer.

CZ 97B if you are man enough.

I've qualified with the M1911A1 about a dozen times. You reckon the CZ 97B requires more of a man?
How many times have you qualified with a .45, Harry?

I'm just a range shooter, John. I've never shot any Vietnamese people.
I've found the CZ's to be more accurate in 9mm and .45 ACP than the run
of the mill 1911's.

The military still like the.45ACP.They just ordered a couple million
dollars worth of them

They ordered the HK Mk23 tho I imagine. That is what the special ops
guys carry

No, actually Gregg, it's the return of the 1911 Colt.only modified.

The M45

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...-cqbp-pistols/

I am surprised they are going with the SA 1911. The only way it is
useful in combat is in condition 1.

OK, Gregg, I'll bite....What is 'condition 1'?

There's a round in the pipe, the mag is in place, the hammer is cocked,
and the safety is on. All you have to do to fire is thumb the safety off
and pull the trigger. Obviously Condition One presumes your pistol has a
safety.

I'm not sure what "condition" Glocks are in with a round in the chamber,
the mag in place and the slide cycled. There is no safety. I guess you
could call it "Condition Shoot Yourself in the Foot."

Surprised you don't know this, since you "qualified" with a pistol
"about a dozen times." What was your qualification about? Didn't it
include safe handling?

On 7/29/12 8:48 AM, BAR wrote:
In article 5f25f29b-2433-4e89-9ce4-
, says...

On 7/22/12 3:18 PM, John H. wrote:
Did you and your buddy ever come up with a suggestion of the .45 I'm going to buy? Tried to call,
but no answer.

CZ 97B if you are man enough.

I've qualified with the M1911A1 about a dozen times. You reckon the CZ 97B requires more of a man?
How many times have you qualified with a .45, Harry?

I'm just a range shooter, John. I've never shot any Vietnamese people.
I've found the CZ's to be more accurate in 9mm and .45 ACP than the run
of the mill 1911's.

The military still like the.45ACP.They just ordered a couple million
dollars worth of them

I saw that last night. The USMC is dumping the 9mm for the 1911 .45.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...c-orders-4036-
m45-cqbp-pistols/

The logic of the choice escapes me. The new pistol has a capacity of
only seven rounds. If the marine corp thought it needed a pistol with
more stopping power than a 9mm (19-round mags easily available), it
could have gone with a pistol that fires .40. And it looks like the
taxpayers will be paying about $1800 a pistol...what a rip.

Oh, well, it's the military. Wasting money is a high priority there.
Tim Tim is offline

On 7/22/12 3:18 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

Harry, to "qualify" with a side arm, you don't have to know a thing
about it,with the exception of pulling the trigger and hitting the
target.

On 7/22/12 3:18 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

Oh. How big is the target? Gee, the first time you buy a handgun in
Maryland, you have to at least watch a video at the gun dealer's on
"safety."

"Qualification" in the military doesn't include range safety or how to
clear stovepipes or dud rounds?

On 7/22/12 3:18 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

You'd better be able to clean it also. Most armorers get ****ed when a dirty weapon is turned in.

Harry's just being his usual.

wrote:

On 7/22/12 3:18 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

The military of today is a different one than the one you weren't
familiar with.

On 7/22/12 3:18 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

Naw. Just surprised that in your many qualifications, you apparently
weren't taught much about pistols. The most basic safety course at a
good range includes a discussion of "conditions" as they relate to
semi-auto pistols.

wrote:

On 7/22/12 3:18 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

Under the watchful eye of the CIC.