Default My poor boat

I am sure that Renn Tolman, designer of the Tolman Skiff never intended his boats to be used for...........wakeboarding and I'm not even sure they do such things in AK where he is from. However, my son has gotten interested in wakeboarding and believe it or not my 20 Standard Tolman Skiff with 90 hp Yamaha does fairly well as a tow craft.
So far, we have simply rigged a simple bridle from the stern cleats but now my son has assurred me that a "tower" will make her much more useful for wakeboarding and that I could probably make such a thing easily. Nothing like playing on Dad's natural desire to build stuff.
So, where on a boat should the attachment point be for towing a wake board? How high should it be?
Such an ignominous thing for such a noble craft that I intended to be used for exploring. Monday, I was excited over exploring the "Crooked River" that runs into the Ocklocknee River of N. FL but the boys looked bored so I gave in and we went back out of gator paradise to more open water for them to play.
Still, it was day on the water.

On Jul 11, 11:36*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
[...]

At least it sees water...think of Snotties poor rowboat.
It sits there year after year, rotting away and only used by a family
of critters as shelter.

"North Star" wrote in message

[...]

You just had to be asinine.

On Jul 12, 1:33*am, "Califbill" wrote:

[...]

Hi Swill......yes, you might call it 'the culture' of this newsgroup.
Jim Jim is offline

"North Star" wrote in message

[...]

That might be your wish but I would like to see it return to a robust
boating community that one could be proud to be a part of. Too much of
Krause has rubbed off on you. That's really sad.

"North Star" wrote in message

[...]

It's always really funny when the right-wing slimeballs act righteous
and holier than thou and then drop off yet another of their petty insults.

Keep on keeping on, "Jim," and help assure the demise here.

On 7/12/12 8:44 AM, Jim wrote:

That might be your wish but I would like to see it return to a robust
boating community that one could be proud to be a part of. Too much of
Krause has rubbed off on you. That's really sad.

This is a keeper. Jim wants a newsgroup he can be proud of...let's see
what he does to make it so.

"North Star" *wrote in message

[...]

Maybe, and your recent aiding, abetting and encouraging of the
criminally insane is one of the biggest obstacles to your own likes.
Now...That is really sad!
Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 12, 7:44*am, Jim wrote:

That might be your wish but I would like to see it return to a robust
boating community that one could be proud to be a part of.

Agreed!

"North Star" wrote in message

[...]

Nope, I just call it head up your ass stupidity by you.

Poor, poor 'Bama... John H[_2_] General 63 December 14th 11 12:18 AM
Poor. poor Joe Wilbur Hubbard Cruising 5 October 22nd 10 02:47 AM
Boat Equipment -- Quality is Poor [email protected] Cruising 7 November 22nd 05 01:24 PM
if the upper envelopes can cook undoubtably, the poor boat may pull more signs Diane ASA 0 April 22nd 05 11:22 AM
My poor boat Parallax Cruising 2 January 2nd 04 10:55 PM