Patrick

Default Boat Partnership - Tampa Bay, FL

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a partner on a new Chris Craft 328 Express Cruiser located
in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Unique opportunity to own a nice 34' ship
for a very reasonable investment and a small ongoing fixed expense. A
perfect combination of twin Volvo 5.7L small-block engines with multi-port
fuel injection and Volvo duoprop stern drives provides a fast boat (45-50mph
top end) with VERY economical cruise speeds. No storage expense as the
ship is kept on a private lift.

Six-year warranty on engines and systems, high-end electronics, and an
awesome layout in the cockpit and the cabin. Approx $60K initial investment
buys about $130K worth of boat.

Patrick
813 390-7109

Dan Krueger

Interesting choice of words, Patrick. "ship", "investment", and "small ongoing
*fixed* expenses". You might also want to Google this group for earlier
partnership posts. I have had partners for two boats. They were friends and
the boats were both under $20K each. Even then, the unexpected expenses had a
tendency to fall into the lap of the operator at the time. Both worked out
pretty well but I would never enter into a partnership with a stranger or even a
friend on a big ticket boat.

Consider this friendly advice and good luck with your decision.

Dan

Patrick wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm looking for a partner on a new Chris Craft 328 Express Cruiser located
in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Unique opportunity to own a nice 34' ship
for a very reasonable investment and a small ongoing fixed expense. A
perfect combination of twin Volvo 5.7L small-block engines with multi-port
fuel injection and Volvo duoprop stern drives provides a fast boat (45-50mph
top end) with VERY economical cruise speeds. No storage expense as the
ship is kept on a private lift.

Six-year warranty on engines and systems, high-end electronics, and an
awesome layout in the cockpit and the cabin. Approx $60K initial investment
buys about $130K worth of boat.

Patrick
813 390-7109

Patrick

Dan,

Thanks for the advice. We've had good luck with partnerships on both
airplanes and large boats, but you're right about picking the right
partners. The other secret is good accounting, management, and
communications. When you do it right, it's the only way to go.

We've had good success with both friends and 'strangers', although the right
partners are not strangers for long...

Pat

link.net...