Mikhael

Default Winterizing 4.3l Merc saga continues!

I am now sure that I have gotten all the plugs. I got the two block plugs,
the Y Fitting, and the two exhast port plugs. I also drained my water
pump/thermostat etc. So, this equals 5 plugs (6 if you count the water pump
plug that is optional on the 4.3L). However in my manual there is a fuel
cooler plug. I have posted a scan of the relevant page in the manual to
http://www.versaterm.com/plugdiag.pdf

It was plug D (in the diagram) that has been confusing me. Is there a fuel
cooler on my engine? It's not on the port or starboard side. I am sure
there are no other plugs in this motor!

Now it's on to my dieseling problem! YIPPEE, actually I am going to have
Mercruiser Warrantee take care of that one next year... Anyone have any
horror stories about Mercruisers and Dieseling and/or the Warrantee program?

Mike