Fred

Default of mice and boats

When storing a boat over the winter, what is the best way to make sure mice
don't chew up anything?

Clams Canino

Put some of that "speial green mouse food" in the boat?

-W

"Fred" wrote in message
When storing a boat over the winter, what is the best way to make sure

mice
don't chew up anything?

Gould 0738

When storing a boat over the winter, what is the best way to make sure mice
don't chew up anything?

Send the mice to Dr. NOYB for total extractions. :-)
Greg O

"Fred" wrote in message
When storing a boat over the winter, what is the best way to make sure

mice
don't chew up anything?

Feed 'em well!
(Decon!)
Greg

Messing In Boats

I have scattered mothballs all over the inside of the boat, having heard
that rodents and other animals don't like the smell. It has worked, so far??

Gould 0738

You're better off using traps than poison.

A poisoned rodent will often crawl into a very inaccessible little crevice
somewhere and die. The body will be out of sight, but you may never get the
smell entirely out of the boat.

scottht

I have tried the moth ball trick. Didn't work for me. Not only did it
not work, it appeared to me that the mice might have been actually
playing some sort of cool game with the moth balls.

Messing In Boats wrote:

I have scattered mothballs all over the inside of the boat, having heard
that rodents and other animals don't like the smell. It has worked, so far??

Capt. Frank Hopkins

Use traps. Not poison. Poisoned rodents will crawl into a small space
and die, stinking up your boat.

Make sure to put paper under the trap to catch body fluids.

Peanut Butter makes an irresistible bait. Check traps frequently, but DO
NOT HANDLE THEM. Use rubber gloves when removing from the packaging, or
removing used traps & dead rodents. Your scent will warn off the
critters. Do not re-use a trap, as the scent of the dead rodent will
warn other rats.

Capt. Frank