Default It's actually snowing here today...

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:52:22 -0700, Canuck57 wrote:

On 09/01/2012 11:30 AM, X ` Man wrote:
...I was beginning to wonder a little when the first snow would be. Not
sticking and not thick, but it is snow. Probably turn to rain.

What does it have to do with boats?

Last year there were several boats sunk and many boats damaged by structures caving - all from a
heavy snow fall. Any snow makes us think about checking on the boat, especially the heavy wet stuff.

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:00:32 -0500, X ` Man wrote:

On 1/10/12 8:52 PM, Happy John wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 20:17:43 -0500, wrote:

X ` Man wrote:
On 1/9/12 3:48 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 13:30:57 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

...I was beginning to wonder a little when the first snow would be. Not
sticking and not thick, but it is snow.

===

Good place for it.

Snow is how we compensate for not having lots of Burmese pythons,
alligators, Palmetto bugs, snowbirds, and crackers. :)
You have snowbirds eight months out of the year. What's a cracker?

Something you eat with chili. Speaking of chili, we ate at Hard Times Cafe tonight. Their Texas
Chile (wet) is pretty good eating. Bought a box of the mix, which they say is as good as the stuff
they sell in house. We'll see.

We ate at Saigon City Restaurant, near Springfield Mall.

....and....?

On 1/11/12 2:37 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:28:53 -0500, wrote:

Thanks! I'd like to have a rain gauge, though. I'm looking for a
hardware/software setup. What I have now is decent, but it doesn't
couple with my computer, it's stand alone.

I tried to register with COCOROS (a national rain fall study) and they
say they don't want any automatic rain gauge data because they are not
particularly accurate.

I have a LaCrosse unit running the Heavy Weather package. It is not as
pretty as Wayne's software but it is free. It uploads to the web in
real time.
http://esteroriverheights.com/esteroweather1.jpg

We're really "high tech" here. :) I have an outdoor wireless temp and
humidity sensor whose results I can read on a stand-alone indoor unit.
If I need more than that, I just click on the "Weather Page" on my
iPhone or on the desktop computer. I can usually tell if it is raining
or snowing by...(you might want to write this down)...looking out the
window.

At the moment, we have something called "Freezing Fog" as our weather.
I've actually never seen that term before.

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 22:28:47 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 20:17:43 -0500, Earl wrote:

wrote:

...I was beginning to wonder a little when the first snow would be. Not
sticking and not thick, but it is snow.

===

Good place for it.

Snow is how we compensate for not having lots of Burmese pythons,
alligators, Palmetto bugs, snowbirds, and crackers. :)
You have snowbirds eight months out of the year. What's a cracker?

Something you eat with chili. Speaking of chili, we ate at Hard Times Cafe tonight. Their Texas
Chile (wet) is pretty good eating. Bought a box of the mix, which they say is as good as the stuff
they sell in house. We'll see.

Did you try the fried pickles?

Never had one. They have 'em there? We may make the chili thing a tradition. At $4.95 it's a steal.
On Wednesdays they have a chicken wing special. So, I'm thinking of going in at about 11;30 PM on
Tuesday evening, ordering the chili, then waiting until 12:01 AM on Wednesday to order the wings.

Do you think they'd catch on?

wrote:

...I was beginning to wonder a little when the first snow would be. Not
sticking and not thick, but it is snow.

===

Good place for it.

Snow is how we compensate for not having lots of Burmese pythons,
alligators, Palmetto bugs, snowbirds, and crackers. :)
You have snowbirds eight months out of the year. What's a cracker?

Something you eat with chili. Speaking of chili, we ate at Hard Times Cafe tonight. Their Texas
Chile (wet) is pretty good eating. Bought a box of the mix, which they say is as good as the stuff
they sell in house. We'll see.

We ate at Saigon City Restaurant, near Springfield Mall.

...and....?

Oh, it's very nice. It's a pretty plain family style restaurant. The
food is good, especially the pho, which I really like, and it is
relatively inexpensive. My wife gets a pork dish, which is delicious,
but I don't recall the name of it. You might want to go there for lunch
sometimes.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/saigon-city-...nt-springfield

In article ,
says...

On 1/11/12 2:37 AM,
wrote:
[...]

Well, weather study is a hobby of mine. I'm fascinated with how much a
REAL meteorologist has had to learn. I'm not talking about the weather
fluff on your local TV station, either.

snowing like hell! bpuharic General 0 December 27th 10 03:57 AM
It's snowing Eisboch General 31 November 24th 07 02:27 PM
Its raining ,, snowing ,, so: know any good anchorage spots along the Maine coast? NE Sailboat Cruising 4 April 16th 07 06:23 AM
I'm 42 Today!!! Bobsprit ASA 16 November 19th 04 06:52 PM