Tim Tim is offline

Default It's actually snowing here today...

On Jan 9, 5:53*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 16:38:18 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

On 1/9/12 3:48 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 13:30:57 -0500, X ` Man
*wrote:

...I was beginning to wonder a little when the first snow would be. Not
sticking and not thick, but it is snow.

===

Good place for *it.

Snow is how we compensate for not having lots of Burmese pythons,
alligators, Palmetto bugs, snowbirds, and crackers. :)

Looking at the same choice, I went with the Burmese pythons,
alligators, Palmetto bugs, snowbirds, and crackers.

You forgot the 12 month boating season. I was out Sunday and again
this morning.

Here's my area. Of course this can change at no given notice...

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+City+IL+62824

wrote:

...I was beginning to wonder a little when the first snow would be. Not
sticking and not thick, but it is snow.

===

Good place for it.

I've got a good inch on my back deck now. I believe this was a big surprise. TWC is still calling
for a high of 55F here tomorrow. I wonder if that'll change.

wrote:

...I was beginning to wonder a little when the first snow would be. Not
sticking and not thick, but it is snow.

===

Good place for it.

I've got a good inch on my back deck now. I believe this was a big surprise. TWC is still calling
for a high of 55F here tomorrow. I wonder if that'll change.

It's just beginning to stick here. Usually it is a tad warmer here
because of the heat loss from the Bay.

wrote:

...I was beginning to wonder a little when the first snow would be. Not
sticking and not thick, but it is snow.

===

Good place for it.

I've got a good inch on my back deck now. I believe this was a big surprise. TWC is still calling
for a high of 55F here tomorrow. I wonder if that'll change.

===

Here's a screen snap from my new weather station taken a few minutes
ago. Maybe that will help to melt your snow. :-)

It was up around 80 early in the afternoon.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...erstation.jpg/

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:49:40 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

Here's a screen snap from my new weather station taken a few minutes
ago. Maybe that will help to melt your snow. :-)

It was up around 80 early in the afternoon.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...erstation.jpg/

What kind of weather station and software do you have? I'm looking to
replace mine with something better.

===

It's called an Airmar PB150 and it comes with software called
Weathercaster. It is marketed by Furuno and designed for boats but
would make a fine home unit except that it lacks a rain gauge. One
of the unique things about the Airmar sensor is that it has no moving
parts - it reads wind speed and direction using ultrasonic doppler
sensors.

The sensor unit is a bit pricey but it also contains a GPS unit and
electronic compass which allows it to compute true wind speed and true
wind direction on a moving boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YTVx...eature=related

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|344|944284|1160116&id=1105541

On 09/01/2012 11:30 AM, X ` Man wrote:
...I was beginning to wonder a little when the first snow would be. Not
sticking and not thick, but it is snow. Probably turn to rain.

What does it have to do with boats?

--
No mater how liberally you try to ignore rationality and reality,
reality always wins in the end.

snowing like hell! bpuharic General 0 December 27th 10 03:57 AM
It's snowing Eisboch General 31 November 24th 07 02:27 PM
Its raining ,, snowing ,, so: know any good anchorage spots along the Maine coast? NE Sailboat Cruising 4 April 16th 07 06:23 AM
I'm 42 Today!!! Bobsprit ASA 16 November 19th 04 06:52 PM