Default It's Navy, so it is boating related...

Wayne.B wrote:

[snip]

All we know for sure is that in addition to the gun, alcohol and a
woman were involved. Dangerous combination, perfectly capable of
cancelling out a lot of good training. Have you ever known anyone
who got smarter when they were drinking and/or trying to impress a
woman?

Different sort of 'short arms inspection' entirely.

--
Paul Hovnanian
The opinions stated herein are the sole property of the author. All rights

X ` Man wrote:

On 1/7/12 10:32 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jan 7, 8:55 pm, X ` Mandump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
Navy SEAL dies after accidentally shooting himself
The Associated Press
Published Saturday, Jan. 07, 2012

SAN DIEGO -- Navy officials have confirmed that a Navy SEAL who
accidentally shot himself in the head has died.

Navy spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Frank Magallon tells the U-T San Diego that
Petty Officer 3rd Class Gene "Geno" Clayont, Jr. was taken off life
support on Saturday. He is survived by his parents and three sisters.

San Diego police were called on Thursday after the accident. Police say
Clayton had gone to a bar and brought a woman back to his apartment and
was showing her guns when he put a pistol to his head, believing it was
unloaded, and pulled the trigger.

Paramedics took Clayton to a San Diego hospital where he was placed on
life support.

- - -

I'm not looking for a discussion/argument about guns. I just don't
believe this story. I don't believe someone trained as thoroughly with
firearms as a Navy Seal would *accidentally* shoot himself or anyone
else, or wouldn't know that his firearm was loaded.

I agree that the odds of that happening are very VERY slim, but there
is that chance that it could have happened, but I'd be suspicious as
well..

Everyone is taught to assume a gun is loaded unless you personally check
and see that it isn't.

And then you still don't screw around with it like that.

Imagine a kid seeing some adult play around and assume its a safe thing to
do. Or if a cop should happen to see someone brandishing a weapon in a
threatening manner.

--
Paul Hovnanian
In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, "Let there be Light."

jps jps is offline

On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 21:55:15 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

[...]

Uh oh, does that mean that if someone who shot someone else has ever
been active in the Navy of Coast Guard, I can post about it?

Or if a gun that's used in the Navy was used in the commission of a
crime, I can post about it?

How about navy bean soup? Is that boating related?

wrote:

[...]

Do whatever the **** you want.... nobody but you and slammer want it
"boats" only.

*wrote:

[...]

Dont get mad at me, cause you're mad at her. Yes, I DO want it " boat-
related only".... After all, this IS a Boating Newsgroup.

wrote:

[...]

Not mad at anybody... Just noting that you and he are the only ones who
feel it should be boats only...

*wrote:

[...]

The first priority ought to be 'socialability'.

wrote:

[...]

Hey, jps, post about anything that's not going to foster an atmosphere like the one we had in here.
The sarcasm, name-calling, personal insulting, etc., etc. just aren't necessary.

We all know your opinion on gun ownership. We may or may not agree with it, but there's just no
sense in the continuous fighting about it - or anything else for that matter.

Now, a good recipe for Navy bean soup would *always* be appreciated!

wrote:

[...]

I like good Navy bean soup but for reasons that escape me, I prefer
Cuban black bean soup. I don't know why it is called "Cuban" black been
soup, since the same soup with minor variations is found all over the
Carib and in Central and South America.

In the good old days before 9-11, just about anyone could get into the
cafeteria in the U.S. Senate and have a good, inexpensive meal, and Navy
bean soup was part of it.

A visit (in spirit) by one of the most renowned passengers of the H.M.S.
Beagle, no doubt.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Think honk if you're a telepath.

Boating related Don White General 12 January 11th 09 06:43 PM
At least it's boating related... MGG General 0 August 28th 06 05:21 PM
Boating related? John H General 0 April 27th 05 10:08 PM