BoatBanter.com

-   -   What do you assholes (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/1474-what-do-you-assholes.html)

Nace October 7th 03 01:00 AM

What do you assholes

think this has to do with boating? Take this where it belongs.

Paul October 7th 03 01:11 AM

What do you people

There is something deliciously ironic about posting an item that has nothing
to do with boating targeting the people who post items that have nothing to
do with boating.

Mmmmm, delicious irony.

"Nace" wrote in message
m...
think this has to do with boating? Take this where it belongs.

Gould 0738 October 7th 03 01:13 AM

What do you assholes

think this has to do with boating?

What? This thread you started? Nothing.

Take this where it belongs.

flushing sound

Another NG cop. Oh boy.

Paul October 7th 03 01:43 AM

What do you people

Not really.

Yeah, really.

Gary Warner October 7th 03 02:21 AM

What do you people

"WaIIy" wrote in message

Not really. This group is nothing but a Krause/Gould propagandafest.

It is? You must have missed all those helpful and intersting posts about
trailering, new boat suggestions, boating reports, boat stories in the news,
depth finders, installing various equipment, etc., etc., etc.,

It's all what you look for.

Harry Krause October 7th 03 02:35 AM

What do you people

WaIIy wrote:
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 00:11:56 GMT, "Paul" wrote:

There is something deliciously ironic about posting an item that has nothing
to do with boating targeting the people who post items that have nothing to
do with boating.

Mmmmm, delicious irony.

"Nace" wrote in message
. com...
think this has to do with boating? Take this where it belongs.

Not really. This group is nothing but a Krause/Gould propagandafest.

You haven't send in your membership dollar yet, Wally.

noah October 7th 03 03:04 AM

What do you people

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 00:11:56 GMT, "Paul" wrote:

There is something deliciously ironic about posting an item that has nothing
to do with boating targeting the people who post items that have nothing to
do with boating.

Mmmmm, delicious irony.

"Nace" wrote in message
om...
think this has to do with boating? Take this where it belongs.

Although the term "asshole" probably didn't win any friends, a comment
about the content of the group IS on-topic. Far more so than all the
OT nonsense that goes on here. The delicious irony is that you are
wrong, at least in general netiquette.

For those that have difficulty understanding, "topics" were
established to define the area of discussion. The fact that
individuals choose to ignore the topic doesn't justify the action.

....carry on.
noah

To email me, please remove the "FISH" from the net.

noah October 7th 03 03:18 AM

What do you assholes

On 07 Oct 2003 00:13:01 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

think this has to do with boating?

What? This thread you started? Nothing.

Take this where it belongs.

flushing sound

Another NG cop. Oh boy.

The poster probably could have left out the "asshole" reference to get
a better reception, but I'm not sure he's wrong.

I wondered why you didn't reply to my questions about the FAQ. Now I
know.

The fact that more than 50% of the posts here are OT doesn't make it
right. That's the same mentality that encourages "bad boating".
Everybody wants to do what they want to do, and without respect for
guidelines and convention.

Anarchy isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Harry Krause October 7th 03 10:21 AM

What do you assholes

WaIIy wrote:
On 6 Oct 2003 21:18:28 -0500, noah
wrote:

The fact that more than 50% of the posts here are OT doesn't make it
right. That's the same mentality that encourages "bad boating".
Everybody wants to do what they want to do, and without respect for
guidelines and convention.

Yes, the former hippies are catching up. They can do whatever the hell
they want and we can deal with the result.

You couldn't deal a game of solitaire, Wally.

Paul October 7th 03 01:41 PM

What do you people

Hehe, you guys are hilarious. So addicted to proving the other guy wrong.

For anyone who cares, I was simply pointing out irony. The post may or may
not be on topic, the poster may be right or wrong, it doesn't matter, the
irony still exists. Irony isn't a fancy way of saying someone is wrong.

I thought highlighting the irony would make someone smile (I even threw in a
Simpsons reference). My bad.

And to pre-empt the inevitable post that points out that the post was
actually not technically ironic then I will pre-concede to that as I am not
an English major. But is smelled like irony.

That is all, you may resume bickering now.

"noah" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 00:11:56 GMT, "Paul" wrote:

There is something deliciously ironic about posting an item that has

nothing
to do with boating targeting the people who post items that have nothing

do with boating.

Mmmmm, delicious irony.

om...