Frank Taylor, Jr.

Default Chart Plotter

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a good chart plotter for my boat. I do not have a lot of
space left at the helm so one that can be mounted with a suction cup and
does not take up a lot of space would be ideal. It does not have to be
color (especially since I am not planning on spending more than a few
hundred dollars) but I would like it to have all of the standard functions
and be easy to use. Any input from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks

Frank
Skipper of the cruise "Miss Vonn"

James W. Sloan

Look at the 152, 162 line from Garmin. Since it'll be semi-portable on a
suction cup, you really don't even need a chart chip capability. ll you need
is the ability to connect to a PC and swap chart info in and out. These
generally can be had for less than $500 new, $300 or so on ebay.