Default Some reasons to play golf...

....besides the exercise and learning to cope with frustration.

These are from my local course, about a mile away.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...MNV_0059-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0056.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0054.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0051.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0051.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0029.jpg

On 11/25/11 11:08 AM, John H wrote:
...besides the exercise and learning to cope with frustration.

These are from my local course, about a mile away.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...MNV_0059-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0056.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0054.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0051.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0051.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0029.jpg

Nice photos. Thanks.

--
http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8272ug

On 11/25/2011 11:13 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 11/25/11 11:08 AM, John H wrote:
...besides the exercise and learning to cope with frustration.

These are from my local course, about a mile away.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...MNV_0059-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0056.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0054.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0051.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0051.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0029.jpg

Nice photos. Thanks.

Another imposter alert

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

On 11/25/2011 11:08 AM, John H wrote:
....besides the exercise and learning to cope with frustration.

These are from my local course, about a mile away.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...MNV_0059-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0056.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0054.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0051.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0051.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0029.jpg

Ah, What one must must endure just to get in a round of golf. ;-)

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

In article , dump-on-
says...

On 11/25/11 11:08 AM, John H wrote:
...besides the exercise and learning to cope with frustration.

These are from my local course, about a mile away.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...MNV_0059-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0056.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0054.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0051.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0051.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0029.jpg

Nice photos. Thanks.

Yeah, and those weren't even stolen off of some pro's website like your
alleged owl pics.

RG RG is offline

"John H" wrote in message
...besides the exercise and learning to cope with frustration.

These are from my local course, about a mile away.

Very nice photos, John. When looking at the EXIF data, I noticed that all
these photos were shot at ISO 1250. It's possible that Opanda is not
interpreting those values correctly, but if it is, that is an unnecessarily
high ISO value for shooting on a bright sunny day. It just invites unwanted
noise and other issues for no good reason. You were shooting in shutter
priority mode, so the high ISO setting caused the lens to stop down to as
small as f18. A lower ISO setting would have forced the aperture to open a
bit wider. I would suggest reviewing the ISO setting on your D200. It's
possible you set it to 1250 for a good reason some time ago but forgot to
reset it. My recommendation would be to set the ISO to the base level of
100 and then turn auto ISO on with an appropriate minimum shutter speed and
let the ISO float to whatever value is required for proper exposure. I
would have shot these in aperture priority mode, f8, auto ISO with a minimum
shutter speed of 1/30 second using VR. Nice composition, nuts-on exposure
and great color on these.

Russ

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 11:08:30 -0500, John H
wrote:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0054.jpg

===

Nice picture of a ball eating lake. :-)

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 11:28:45 -0500, Drifter wrote:

On 11/25/2011 11:08 AM, John H wrote:
....besides the exercise and learning to cope with frustration.

These are from my local course, about a mile away.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...MNV_0059-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0056.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0054.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0051.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0051.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0029.jpg

Ah, What one must must endure just to get in a round of golf. ;-)

It's a bitch, that's for sure!

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 10:51:41 -0700, "RG" wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

What I was looking for in most of these was depth of field, thus the high ISO and small aperture.
And, I was wanting to see what effect the higher ISO had on the pictures, but I didn't want to take
it all the way to the max of 1600.

I'd just finished the weekend Nikon School, which got me interested in experimenting. I'd played the
course that morning, and thought the colors pretty nice. Went back out that afternoon and conned the
marshall into taking me around the course in his cart.

Now I'm wanting to go back to Utah, or someplace out there, and take some more pictures!

Thanks for the input, Russ.

wrote:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...l/MNV_0054.jpg

===

Nice picture of a ball eating lake. :-)

I've put my share in there, that's for damn sure. I've also bounced them off the ice up onto the
green.

Why I play golf John H[_2_] General 31 June 11th 11 02:10 AM
Top 5 reasons Don White[_5_] General 15 January 27th 10 04:15 PM
OT More reasons not to profile. John H[_12_] General 40 January 12th 10 01:04 PM
Top 10 Reasons Why... HK General 0 July 4th 09 06:46 PM
Just for sentimental reasons.. MGG General 3 March 28th 06 03:11 AM