jps jps is offline

Default Serial windsock

That's one of the funniest descriptions of Romney I've heard.

“Herman Cain says funny things. He’s not going to be the Republican
nomination for president. I mean, what he is is a national
distraction. Maybe not a bad one in this horrific recession, but let’s
be real.”

Carville also blasted Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney
for being “a serial windsock” who was destined to win the nomination.

“Any time that you turn around, he’s — it’s something else,” Carville
explained. “Once he uses any kind of adjective in front of it, you
know he’s getting ready to flip-flop. If he’s very committed to it,
that means that he’s going to change positions. And if he’s 110
percent for something, that means that he's changing positions.”

On 28/10/2011 11:07 AM, wrote:

Romney is the quintessential empty suit.

Agreed, but I would also add Perry to that. Romney, Perry -- golden
handshake boys.

It is really pretty hard to find a rational republican to take on
Obama since he has staked out most of the traditional GOP positions
for himself

Yep, shortage of good people willing to take the job of running a
bankrupt nation on the downhill slide. Can't get intelligent people in
as they can see the writing.

I say Trump is a good choice but no longer running. At east he has had
personal experience in coming back from bankruptcy, but you couldn't get
enough fleabagger voters to sell it.

It is hard to make the case that Obama as anti business when he has
done just about everything the 1% wants him to do and went back on
virtually every campaign promise that set him apart from GWB.
This is Bush 44.

Actually easy to make a case that 0bama is anti-business. Former GM
bond holders got ****ed by 0bama. They had liens on property that 0bama
waved for Marxist Obama Government Motors. GM wasn't liquidated as it
should have been, it was confiscated.

Even is much vaunted health care reform was nothing but a big handout
to the insurance companies. That is not surprising since a couple of
Well Point lobbyists wrote the bill in Max Baucus' office. (not me
saying that. Howard Dean says it)
The wars continue to grind on, following the Bush timetable. Too bad
Bush did not establish an exit plan for Afghanistan.

I think 0bama's plan is to take US DC corruption to the new heights,
more debt, more bailouts, more corruption, more waste than ever before.
Being Muslim/Islam at war with democracy, what a better way to mess up
a democracy than with its own greed. Sink it with debt and corruption.

--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.
jps jps is offline

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:07:48 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:51:47 -0700, jps wrote:

[...]

Which is why I'm completely flabberghasted that the Republicans won't
go along with a single thing he does. He, like Clinton, are good
friends of the Republicans.

I think what it comes down to is that they don't like him ****ing
things up when they can do it better themselves.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

I agree. I liked Obama in 2007 but it was clear by 1q08 that he had
drunk the KoolAde. He abandoned his public financing pledge and just
became another empty suit, for sale to the highest bidder. In Obama's
case. Goldman Sachs was the highest bidder (fact)
I also agree about Clinton. He was Bush 42.

I'm not as cynical about Obama as you but he was clearly overwhelmed
with the enormity of the job and the responsibilities it required. He
was smart enough to understand the gravity of his decisions. I think
Bush had the advantage of a thick skull and uncle Dick at his side.

Obama has refound his balls more recently and may end up doing some
serious good if he can stomach a good fight. The Republicans can be
pantsed if he's smart about it -- they have the potential to retake
the house.

His problem still lies within his own party, as it always has. You
can't pass legislation if a good percentage of your own people are
owned by special interests who won't go along.

Get the money out is the single most important thing we could
accomplish as a nation. There may be enough passion and momentum
towards that goal to see something earnest happen but that's where my
cynicism starts rolling in. Humans are not into change and campaign
finance reform is going to be a bitter pill for a lot of folks.

wrote:

[...]

Add term limits and we would agree for a change.

wrote:

[...]

===

I think that congressional term limits are something a high percentage
of the population would agree on - left, right and moderate. How do
we get it enacted? It might actually bring the country together for
a change.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

===

I think that congressional term limits are something a high percentage
of the population would agree on - left, right and moderate. How do
we get it enacted? It might actually bring the country together for
a change.

Indeed, the overwhelming majority of both Republican and Democratic voters
support Congressional term limits.
Problem is, it will take a Constitutional Amendment to accomplish. The
largest group(s) that oppose term limits
include the incumbents, big business that are in bed with them and ...
(sorry Harry) ... labor unions.
Even if seriously proposed, I believe it takes a 2/3rds majority vote to
pass. Fat chance.

So ... voters be dammed. It won't happen by legislation in Congress. The
only way to impose term limits is for
us peons to vote them out once in a while instead of continuously electing
the same corrupt *******s to another
term. Means we need more Independent voters who vote the person rather
than Democrats and Republicans that just vote the party.

On 10/30/11 8:01 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

===

[...]

It would be difficult but easier to get the big bucks out of politics,
by severely restricting lobbying and donations.

On 30/10/2011 6:01 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

===

I think that congressional term limits are something a high percentage
of the population would agree on - left, right and moderate. How do
we get it enacted? It might actually bring the country together for
a change.

Indeed, the overwhelming majority of both Republican and Democratic
voters support Congressional term limits.

Agreed. Makes sense too.

Problem is, it will take a Constitutional Amendment to accomplish. The
largest group(s) that oppose term limits

Why does it have to be a constitutional amendment? Nothing says you get
to sit forever. Make it a law. Or if it must be an amendment, revise
the 22nd amendment.

But the real problem is the corrupt politicians themselves. Get some
4,5,7 term jack ass like Harry Reid that is so corrupt it isn't funny.

include the incumbents, big business that are in bed with them and ...
(sorry Harry) ... labor unions.

No shortage of thuggery and bribery with unions.

Even if seriously proposed, I believe it takes a 2/3rds majority vote to
pass. Fat chance.

Because the majority is corrupt. Voters need to stop voting for the
same old farts.

So ... voters be dammed. It won't happen by legislation in Congress. The
only way to impose term limits is for
us peons to vote them out once in a while instead of continuously
electing the same corrupt *******s to another
term. Means we need more Independent voters who vote the person rather
than Democrats and Republicans that just vote the party.

Yep, voters do it to themselves.

An vote for a person for the stupidest of reasons including color, sex,
mouth...

Too bad Donald Trump wasn't running. Probably the best, yet not
running. At least knows how to come back from bankruptcy back to
billionaire status. Didn't talk much about it either, just did it.

On 30/10/2011 6:58 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 10/30/11 8:01 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

===

[...]

Don't wory, I hear 0bama contributions are down huge. Most people
smarten up.
--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.

RPM serial number [email protected] General 1 May 6th 07 05:35 PM
Where is the serial # on a Hurricane Deckboat? RH General 13 May 12th 06 07:18 PM
Serial Killer Sailors? radist General 1 May 7th 06 12:21 PM
Serial (DB-9) to USB converters and XP larry Cruising 11 January 3rd 05 04:12 AM
NMEA-serial port Philippe Electronics 20 September 3rd 04 01:28 PM