Default Calling Tim.. need help!

On 10/27/11 12:58 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 10/27/2011 12:45 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article9d934a3a-b70c-4dfc-9b39-
,
says...

On Oct 27, 12:56 pm, X ` Mandump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 10/27/11 11:51 AM, JustWait wrote:

On 10/27/2011 11:48 AM, Drifter wrote:
On 10/27/2011 11:21 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 06:49:15 -0700 (PDT), North Star
wrote:

The bricklayer who's tearing down and re-building my fireplace
chimney
has a problem.
His work truck is a 1986 Chev Silverado 2 WD with a 454 motor.
He has put three starters on in the last 6 months and the
current one
is failing.
Seems this motor isn't being made now and the locally supplied
starters aren't heavy enough ... they keep getting chewed up. This
truck is originaly from the States and that may be another
reason why
the proper part is hard to get. Any advice?

Is he shimming it correctly?

If it is not shimmed right the gear jams in the flywheel and
burns up
the starter.He could also have a (ring gear?) chewed up on the
flywheel. Old style
Starters should be a dime a dozen for that engine.

Greg nailed it... Oh and nice try spelling "originally" Bonnie. Aren't
you the group spelling Ferret? Could you be any more of an idiot? I
doubt it...snerk

I hear there's a new show on which you can earn a few bucks as a
contestant, snotty.

"Dancing with the Idiots"- Hide quoted text -

..or dancing with the midgets.

And Harry's personal butt plug, Suckling Don the Coward, instantly
sticks his nose up Harry's fat ass....

They are the two most bigoted posters in rec.boats history... and over
height, give me a break. We have seen pictures of Don, I dare say I am
happy to look more like a small man, than a large bowling pin...

Don can go to the hospital and his bill there will be paid either upon
his discharge or shortly thereafter. I'd rather look like Don, whatever
he looks like, than like you.

In article , dump-on-
says...

wrote:

[...]

Way back when, 35 something years ago, I somehow got the ad agency for
which I was working at that time hired as the Ad & PR agency for
Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus for its DC area performances.
There was hardly a soul on the Feld family headquarters management team
I could stand, but all the performers I met were really terrific people,
including a circus midget named "Michu." His real name was Mihaly
Meszaros. I'll never forget that name. He was billed as the shortest man
in the world. Like many of the performers, he lived on the circus train.

Part of my assignment was to arrange media interview for the acts. I had
a couple lined up for Michu early in the morning, so I went with the TV
crews to the train. No Michu. I got on the train and was directed to his
compartment. Found it. Found Michu in bed with two circus showgirls.

Hell, he was 3' tall at the most. The girls were tall, typical showgals.
Turned out he was quite the drinker and quite the stud.

So, don't insult my memories of a true midget by comparing Snotty to
one. Michu was a real man. Snotty is a paranoid pimple.

And the Harrytales start. Not only is he a coward, but a liar too!

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Yes, because he "sucks off of the government teat" as you refer to it.

wrote:

[...]

Isn't that what butt plugs do, after all.
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 27, 8:49*am, North Star wrote:
The bricklayer who's tearing down and re-building my fireplace chimney
has a problem.
His work truck is a 1986 Chev Silverado 2 WD with a 454 motor.
He has put three starters on in the last 6 months and the current one
is failing.
Seems this motor isn't being made now and the locally supplied
starters aren't heavy enough ... they keep getting chewed up. *This
truck is original from the States and that may be another reason why
the proper part is hard to get. *Any advice?

Don,Sorry to get in on this late in the day....

what the problem is... is that the starters in that era were great
for a 5.7 (350) but not powerful enough for the "Big Block" 7 and 9
liter engines.

"Heat soaking" into the starter motor was enough to weaken and
already stressed load and that was bad enough.

Now what's going on when you say "chewed up" is, I take it the drive
gear in the starter is getting burred? OK, we'll work with that. It's
possible that his starter isn't fitting right to mesh with the
flywheel so there's the possibility it needs shims. OR the isn't
installing (or it's just plain missing) the end brace which helps to
secure the starter against the block. OR... his flywheel ring gear is
junk.

What I'd recommend is getting a starter for a 454 made in 1996 or
later. it's a little gear reduction permanent magnet starter that
whips the tar out of it, AND it fits correctly, even without the end
brace and will fit correctly without shimming. and they're good for
150,000 mi...

The salvage yards should have an abundance of them now seeing they've
been available for 15 years and are still current production. I don't
know how much a new one is there, but my cost on a brand new (not a re-
cap) is about 60 bucks USD. Yeah, they're really in expensive. I'd be
happy to send you one, but shipping and customs would probably be
pretty hefty.

Here's a pic of one

http://cf.mp-cdn.net/67/92/26b532276...7665afdd92.jpg

The only difference in installing one is that it would require shorter
mounting bolts

After years of starter grief. Delco and GM finally did something
right.

If I can help any other way, let me know, Don.

On Oct 27, 9:02*pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

Thanks Tim... I'll pass this along to the bricklayer.
jps jps is offline

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:02:19 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

[...]

There's no customs between US and Canada for American made goods.

And shipping UPS ground is cheap.

In article 32fe25e1-df5f-4d56-882b-
,
says...

Is he a union bricklayer? If not, Harry will be ****ed at his little

On Oct 27, 9:02*pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

butt plug, Suckling Don the Coward.- Hide quoted text -

Do you have to pollute every post in here..... even the sensible ones?
What do the good folks at Freeman Harris think of you wasting company
time spewing effulent on their computer?

In article f06bdaf2-0776-4969-aa8f-6fd48b16d103
@l19g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, says...

On Oct 27, 9:02*pm, Tim wrote:
[...]

I have no idea what you are talking about, Suckling Don! Who is Freeman
Harris? I only asked if the bricklayer was a union one. Is he?