Default Romney? Not a chance.

Values Voters Lukewarm, But Romney Presses On

by Don Gonyea
NPR

October 9, 2011

Social conservatives have wrapped up a two-day Values Voter Summit in
Washington. Their goal is to keep the focus on issues such as abortion
and gay marriage, even as the economy tops the list of concerns for most
voters.

In a straw poll for GOP 2012 presidential hopefuls, Texas Congressman
Ron Paul was the winner, but much of the talk of the conference was
about former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who is viewed by many in
the movement as soft on social issues.

Romney landed in fourth place in the straw poll, garnering just 4
percent of the votes cast. For the former governor, it's a measure of
the cool relationship he's always had with social conservatives. They
haven't forgotten that he once supported abortion rights even though now
he campaigns on a pro-life platform as he did Saturday.

"I will nominate judges who know the difference between personal opinion
and law," Romney said. "It is long past time for the Supreme Court to
return the issue of abortion back to the states by overturning Roe v. Wade."

1. "Their goal is to keep the focus on issues such as abortion and gay
marriage, even as the economy tops the list of concerns for most voters."

Values Voters think abortionists and gays are going to be knocking on
their front doors, forcing their daughters to have abortions and
converting their sons into gays. How very Republican of them.

2. Romney's position on Roe v. Wade is reason enough for me not to
consider voting for him.

--
I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.

On 09/10/2011 7:42 AM, X ` Man wrote:
[...]

A good line to come back to the social program nuts would be....

"If we don't quit bankrupting USA with fraud currency print, there will
be no social programs at all when the fraud collapses the currency.
Keeping social programs means getting the fiscal house in order with a
balanced and sustainable budget."

Marriage, abortion, queers... just bull****. Sort of like worrying
about a $35 Timex watch when the boat is sinking.
--
Eat the rich, screw the companies and wonder why there are no jobs. But
we have big huge government we can't afford...

On 10/9/11 3:54 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
[...]

Uh...social conservatives are *against* social programs, even the one
that benefit them. You can bet that teabaggers everywhere are refusing
their social security checks, turning down medicaid, et cetera.

Except, of course, they're not.

--
I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.
jps jps is offline

On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 15:59:27 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

[...]

They just don't want other people collecting them. Only they and
their immediate demographic brethren have the right.

On 09/10/2011 1:59 PM, X ` Man wrote:
[...]

So then why don't the fleabaggers make it simple. Tax only fleabaggers
for fleabaggerism, and tea party can neither collect nor have to pay for
fleabaggerism?

Computers today can track that.

So why not a system where your vote dictates your eligibility and tax rates?