BoatBanter.com

-   -   Leadership on club paddles (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/13853-leadership-club-paddles.html)

Alex McGruer April 12th 04 05:12 AM

Leadership on club paddles

What level of skill does your club require to lead a day trip in
protected waters ? Distance 10 to 15 KM, reasonable take outs but not
necesseraly an exit to a road or any services.

Blankibr April 12th 04 07:20 PM

Leadership on club paddles

Check out: http://www.cpakayaker.com/events/triporganizers.html

Brian Blankinship

Brian Nystrom April 13th 04 07:18 PM

Leadership on club paddles

Our club has it's own Trip Leader training program. We require all trip
leaders to take it, then rate their skills and decide what level of trip
they can lead. We don't require any formal certifications (ACA/BCU). For
more information, go to www.nspn.org .

Alex McGruer April 14th 04 05:12 AM

Leadership on club paddles

Alex McGruer wrote:
What level of skill does your club require to lead a day trip in
protected waters ? Distance 10 to 15 KM, reasonable take outs but not
necesseraly an exit to a road or any services.

Thanks Guys. That is exactly the information I was looking for.