Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Hard Times on New Melones Lake (Kalifornistan)

I just couldn't seem to do anything right this trip. After the 65 mile
drive to the lakeside bait shop, Glory Hole Sports near Angels Camp,
CA, I discovered I had no wallet and no phone! To add to the troubles,
I managed to cross the downrigger weights at 85+ feet deep and get
them hung up on one another, then cutting my hands on the cables
trying to free them. I also burned out a downrigger in the process.
And having to move to another anchorage at 0300 the next morning
didn't add to my pleasure. To put a cap on this great trip I managed
to fall off the trailer while retrieving the boat. But still... The
worst day fishing is better than the best day working!

More story and photos on my homepage:
http://fishwisher.wordpress.com/2011...-melones-lake/