Default New Melones Reservoir (Central Kalifornistan foothills) Kokaneefishing July 13,14

Launched into the virtually full New Melones Reservoir a bit after
noon yesterday, and trolled the main lake near the spillway 'til about
1900. Caught a couple of decent kokanee, released a few about 8" or
9". Wish those little ones would leave my lures alone, after reading
about releasing 'em equals killing them, it's not something I want to
do. They all came at 45' to 60' on pink Wedding Rings and what I call
a Propeller, the spinning prop bead with two other beads. And another
spinning pink thingy that I don't recall the name.

Spent the night at anchor in the spillway bay, out of the breeze that
seemed to be blowing on and off my entire visit. Love to fish under a
light there, and used to do fairly well on trout that way. But this
was the third evening in a row with no action. I don't know why that
light fishing doesn't work for me anymore.

Fished the morning of Wednesday 'til about 1300 with so-so results.
Caught two or three more dinks, kept a couple a bit larger, and went
home with four, the largest just 15½". I have to get better at this
koke fishing as I'm planning a trip to Flaming Gorge in September with
an old high school buddy from Oregon.

It was perfect weather; highs of the days in the low 80s, cool and
comfy at night - even slept inside the sleeping bag!

Photos and more on my site: www.fishwisher.com - click on latest story
at very top of the opening page.. click on latest story at very top of
the opening page.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 15, 4:09*pm, Dale Gillespie wrote:
[...]

Good to see you Dale. Please keep the stories and pics flowing trough
here will you?