Default Gulf Oil Spill, Fantasy and reality

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 16:49:15 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

Enviro-whackos told us the Gulf oil spill would be a sort of enviro-
armageddon destroying fisheries forever. I said the effects would be
inconsequential in a couple of years due to the extreme weathering
from the amount of ultra-violet light and micro-bio critters eating it
up. I was correct. Two years after the spill and the effect on
fisheries is very low and will be nearly nothing a year from now. The
effects on beaches is almost nothing. Within 5 years, you will not be
able to find any of the oil on beaches as it will be weathered and
eaten by critters to nearly nothing.

i love it. he knew **** about oil or chemistry

but he's right wing so the destruction of fishing jobs is OK because
BP got rich

wrote:

Enviro-whackos told us the Gulf oil spill would be a sort of enviro-
armageddon destroying fisheries forever. I said the effects would be
inconsequential in a couple of years due to the extreme weathering
from the amount of ultra-violet light and micro-bio critters eating it
up. I was correct. Two years after the spill and the effect on
fisheries is very low and will be nearly nothing a year from now. The
effects on beaches is almost nothing. Within 5 years, you will not be
able to find any of the oil on beaches as it will be weathered and
eaten by critters to nearly nothing.
The only major effect the spill has had is the elimination of oil
industry jobs by the Obama admin in response to the spill.
Scientists have all been surprised at how fast the oil has
dissappeared meaning most of them know nothing of what actually
happens in the Gulf. There is still some heavy oil on the botom but
even it is rapidly being consummed by oil eating life. The Gulf of
Mexico is complately dif from prince William Sound where oil from teh
Exxon Valdez is still seen. We have more than 3X the UV flux and the
amount of life in the Gulf that eats oil is probably greater by
factors of thousands. Much of this life evolved in the presence of
natural oil seeps so given the oil spill they ate it up.

Don't pat yourself on the back with misinformation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_812398.html

http://oilspill.skytruth.org/

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...ear_later.html

and about a million others. I can explain Google to you, if necessary.

One huge logic flaw here. Do they drink seawater? How did it really
get in their system? I mean really get there? How does it compare to
an auto mechanic?

As for Xylene can cause dizziness, headaches, skin irritation,
confusion, and a whole slew of other ailments, isn' that the norm for
1/2 the population before BP?

Want bad? Look at the plutonium, tritium, uranium that Japan washed to
the Pacific Ocean. But since it doesn't sell taxes, green knobs ignore it.

I was also reading how in quakes and fishers, often oil spills out
naturally. Oil isn't unnatural folks, it isn't like DDT, enriched
uranium, great lakes GM chromium and the like, it is out there. Oil
sands same thing, been leeching naturally for a million years. Tehy
even find bones carbon dating before man.

La Brea Tar Pits, right in CA,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Brea_Tar_Pits and the sky didn't fall.

--
If it is all Bush's fault, then how come Obama is doing much more of the
same and expecting different results?

wrote:

[...]

Yes, you're stupid. I think you want to live in the Tar Pits, but
alas, they won't let you into the country.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...-blood_n_81239....

http://oilspill.skytruth.org/

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201..._one_year_late....

[...]

alas, they won't let you into the country.- Hide quoted text -

He has his own Tar Pits in Alberta.

*wrote:

[...]

Maybe he should use Irish Spring!

wrote:

[...]

And this concludes DePlumes evening as she settles in to a drug induced
coma. Nitey nite dummy.

wrote:

[...]

Yep. When natives used to make their own boats and not use aluminum
onces from Lund, they used to heat it up and use it to seal the birch
bark canoes and skiffs.

deplume must have been ripped off with that liberal schooling. Don't
they teach north American history? Or maybe she was in the dumb class.

wrote:

[...]

Deplume was proud to ride the short bus.

wrote:

[...]

There's no maybe that you're stupid. Idiots are offended when you're
compared to them. Imbeciles get huffy.

In article 5860ba74-b7da-4881-9afc-
,
says...

*wrote:

[...]

Hey, Don, I thought, like Harry you can't stand this place and it's
regulars. Why are you here then? I'm expecting Harry's stupid excuse.