Carey Robson

Default greece - Canoeing?

Does anyone know anything?
June in particular.
________________________
Sincerely,
Carey Robson

Wilko

Carey Robson wrote:

Does anyone know anything?

Yes! :-)

June in particular.

Not the best time of year, water-level wise: think more about April and May.

What are your plans?

I've been there twice, travelling all around the country paddling white
water. You can find every class of water there, up to class VI, but
mostly it's class II and III, with some rivers being class I and fla****er.

Much of the country in mountainous, the roads are not very good
(understatement), depending upon where you want to go (North is better
than the South), road signs are rare and often tricky to decipher (often
in Greek alphabet) and the people are very friendly and hospitable. You
can camp almost everywhere (official campsites will still be closed, and
they are rare), with some incredible camping spots being there for those
who search for them.

If you stay away from the touristy places near the coast and islands,
almost everything you buy there is quite a bit cheaper than you're used
to from a western country.

The pictures and trip reports of my trips can be found he
http://wilko.webzone.ru/greece.html

If you have more specific questions, let me know.

Wilko van den Bergh wilko(a@t dse d.o.t)nl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
Look at the possibilities, don't worry about the limitations.
http://wilko.webzone.ru/

Dave Manby

North Greece is surprisingly mountainous and there is some great boating
to be had there. Not much in the way of guides though. March is the time
by June the water has all gone. Grade III - IV mostly.

There are some big rivers that run all summer but are mostly flat.

Cross over to Turkey and along the med. coast there are some more rivers
- go to my web site for more info.

In message EEgUb.5134$213.3328@edtnps89, Carey Robson
writes
Does anyone know anything?
June in particular.
Sincerely,
Carey Robson

--
Dave Manby
Details of the Coruh river and my book "Many Rivers To Run" at