Default Yo Tim!

You'll recall a discussion we had about the garden battery in an (unmentionable here) piece of
equipment. The battery wouldn't hold a charge. You suggested maybe the battery was old. So today I
checked it. July, 2006. Not too bad, but that might help explain why I had to keep hitting it with
the charger.

Put a new one in it (unmentionable here). Set my back all of $22 with a discount. Maybe this one
will last me another five years.

On Jul 12, 2:01*pm, I_am_Tosk wrote:
In article ,
says...

You'll recall a discussion we had about the garden battery in an (unmentionable here) piece of
equipment. The battery wouldn't hold a charge. You suggested maybe the battery was old. So today I
checked it. July, 2006. Not too bad, but that might help explain why I had to keep hitting it with
the charger.

Put a new one in it (unmentionable here). Set my back all of $22 with a discount. Maybe this one
will last me another five years.

The technology for lead acid batteries hasn't changed in decades.
Basically, anything you get over two years, is a gift....

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

What kind of cheap batteries do you buy?
We get 5 or 6 years out of original equipment automobile batteries and
I'm still using that old marine battery Tom included with the Yukon.

On 7/12/2011 1:23 PM, North Star wrote:
On Jul 12, 2:01 pm, wrote:
In ,
says...

You'll recall a discussion we had about the garden battery in an (unmentionable here) piece of
equipment. The battery wouldn't hold a charge. You suggested maybe the battery was old. So today I
checked it. July, 2006. Not too bad, but that might help explain why I had to keep hitting it with
the charger.
Put a new one in it (unmentionable here). Set my back all of $22 with a discount. Maybe this one
will last me another five years.

The technology for lead acid batteries hasn't changed in decades.
Basically, anything you get over two years, is a gift....

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

What kind of cheap batteries do you buy?
We get 5 or 6 years out of original equipment automobile batteries and
I'm still using that old marine battery Tom included with the Yukon.

Lawn mower and motorcycle batteries typically last two years. If you cut
your grass once in a while you'd know that.

On 7/12/11 1:36 PM, Florida Jim wrote:
On 7/12/2011 1:23 PM, North Star wrote:
On Jul 12, 2:01 pm, wrote:
In ,
says...

[...]

I bought my gasoline powered lawn tractor in 2003. Last year, seven
years later, the battery died. I have 400 hours on the tractor and
during the growing season, mow my lawn at least once a week. That's
seven years, not two. You should have stayed in the navy, where your
"mop up the gang shower skills" were appreciated.

In article ,
says...

On 7/12/11 1:36 PM, Florida Jim wrote:
On 7/12/2011 1:23 PM, North Star wrote:
On Jul 12, 2:01 pm, wrote:
In ,
says...

[...]

Spoofer alert!! Lawn tractor batteries only have a one year warranty for
a reason.

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 13:36:46 -0400, Florida Jim wrote:

On 7/12/2011 1:23 PM, North Star wrote:
On Jul 12, 2:01 pm, wrote:
In ,
says...

[...]

Ewwww! That was low. Totally called for. Maybe he just didn't read the original post while thinking
up an assholish reply.

On Jul 12, 2:55*pm, Harryk wrote:
In article ef33daf4-c0f1-4714-af9d-
,
says...

[...]

Learn to read, little buddy, you'll embarrass us! He didn't say that
batteries won't last 5 or so years, he said anything over 2 is good.- Hide quoted text -

Anything over 2 is expected...spoofer!

Yo Tim... John H[_12_] General 1 February 9th 10 12:19 AM
Tim... Tosk General 14 November 4th 09 11:45 PM
Yo Tim! John H[_2_] General 28 May 3rd 09 03:03 AM
Yo!! Tim!! Tom Francis - SWSports General 7 January 5th 09 12:00 PM
Yo Tim!! Don White General 10 December 7th 06 06:51 PM