Jason O'Rourke

Default Canon WP-DC800 waterproof case for PowerShot 400 camera

Mike Warren wrote:
shots one original and one adjusted.
http://home.iprimus.com.au/hkolk/OPK...PKayakClub.htm

Ok, what did you do with the one shot edit please.

It looks like he just used auto levels in Photoshop

The auto color in 7.0 makes a remarkable improvement on shots with the S400.
Check my page for belize pics, in particular the snorkel shots of a ray.

Auto levels isn't nearly as good for some shots, nearly identical on others.
But in general not good enough to use it over manually setting the levels.
Auto color, otoh, was useful enough to do and then fade out slightly.

--
Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com
River Wild

"Ben Voris \(remove 'N' 'O' and 'SPAM' to reply\)" wrote in message news:W0gkb.808952$YN5.814329@sccrnsc01...
I had great success with it on a 10 day canoe trip this past August. Others
on the trip used a variety of camera bags/boxes. I kept my camera at my
feet and was able to get quick pictures (within the limits of boot-up time
and shutter lag) that others missed. The cost, size, and weight turned out

I, too, kept my camera at my feet so it was within reasonable reach
without getting in the way at all.

to be worth it.

The camera came out of the case twice, once to change the battery, and
again, to swap the flash card and battery. I shot ~700 MB of pictures. I
noticed no issue with the case, excepting close range flash where the bottom
right hand of the picture was not as well light.

Buttons were easy to use.

I haven't tried it in snow (yet).

"D. Bennett" wrote in message
m...
I am curious if there is anyone out there in the scuba, kayaking or
digital photo areas that has used the Canon WP-DC800 waterproof case
for the PowerShot 400 digital camera.

I am interested in it for kayaking, snorkeling/scuba and outdoor
adventures in the rainy Pacific NW (USA).

Any pros or cons regarding the system? Do photos turn out blurry
because of the waterproof casing? How well does the flash work? Are
the buttons and settings easy to change? Any problems using the
system in the cold (snow, freezing weather, etc)?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

-darren