Default Florida is screwed up place

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 23:05:58 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

On 05/07/2011 9:53 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 21:32:07 -0600,
wrote:

On 05/07/2011 7:42 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 19:33:15 -0600,
wrote:

On 05/07/2011 7:16 PM, Harryk wrote:
On 7/5/11 8:38 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
So in Florida, kid makes too much noise just throw them to the gators.

If someone comes asking, just lie.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...y-verdict.html

Does not mater you never reported your two year old missing. Does not
mater that there is no sane use for chloroform in the home or you leave
some behind. No explanations required....

And once again, you demonstrate your stupidity and ignorance.

The state failed to prove its case against Casey Anthony as it pertained
to the three serious charges. The state failed to prove a cause of death
or a time of death or that Casey Anthony killed the child. It did
present a lot of evidence, but much of that evidence was full of holes.
The state, for example, made a big deal about the "death smell" it
alleged emanated from the trunk of Casey Anthony's car. But there is no
court-accepted scientific procedure for evaluating "death smell."

This does not mean Ms. Anthony is innocent. It only means the state was
unable to prove its case. I think Ms. Anthony killed the child, but I
have no proof of it. In a criminal trial, of course, the entire burden
of proof rests with the prosecution.

The fact that the child was not reported missing is not proof the mother
killed her. The forensic evidence related to the chloroform was disputed.

I don't know what you did in your working career, but it obviously did
not involve abstract thinking or, likely, any serious intellectual
activity. I posit that because of your repeated inability to present any
of your arguments logically.

In my opinion, the state failed to get convictions on the serious
charges because its charges exceeded its evidence and it sought the
death penalty. Ms. Anthony might have been convicted of murder in the
second degree or manslaughter in the first degree and served a long
prison sentence.

Now, it is likely she will be released in the next couple of days.

Rationality and reasonable take a brain that at least 12 jurors today
failed to come up with.

Hey, kids, don't even report them missing. Just hide the body long
enough that the evidence of death is not apparent. Florida, it is now
legal not to report your dead kids missing.

Fleabag logic I guess.

Agreed in that not guilty does not mean innocent.

But these facts were beyond all reasonable doubt:

- Casey lied her ass off at every turn and would not cooperate to find
her daughter.

- Casey never reported here missing EVER (her grandmother did). And 31
days missing says it all.

- there is no legal reason to be in possession of chloroform.

The above is good for manslaughter or child abuse resulting in death as
a guaranteed minimum. Skip the rest of the crap. It only adds and
supports that this was in fact 1st degree murder.

Because even if Casey knew who killed her, she is then an accomplice.
Which I don't believe one bit. I think she did it.

Worst part, this bitch can now do it again. Change her name, dye her
hair, she might even look after kids in a daycare.

So, your proposal is to dispense with the current legal system and
replace it with what exactly? Oh wait, you like the systems they have
in China and Somalia.

In Somalia, likely no charges at all. In China, she would have to
answer for 31 days of no reporting and the details. That is, forced to
testify on discovery and not cooperating with police is a much more
serious offense.

Which isn't a bad idea. This case exemplifies a flaw in current law.

While she hasn't been convicted, it does not mean innocent. Funny that
her worst punishment has yet to come, her face is almost as recognizable
as Obama's. Will not take long at the party for the chat to start.

So, basically you prefer the Chinese system. Feel free to move there,
assuming they'll let you in, which I doubt.

Yes, she's not innocent, just not guilty. So? What does that have to
do with your mental problems?

In many ways, the Chinese system is better. No where near as corrupt.
Much lower government cost per worker. But I do not know Chinese and
far too many people to be a good place to live.

I would pick south America somewhere south of Mexico. As Mexico is a
drug hole and pit of corruption.

So, move there! What are you waiting for??? You've always got some
excuse, but the bottom line is that you're in your trailer for good.

On 06/07/2011 6:44 AM, iBoat alot wrote:
In ,
says...

--
Government isn't the solution to the bad economy, it is the problem.
------

Are you surprised??
You just have to look at some of the Floridians we suffer in here on a
daily basis to understand what passes for 'normal' down there.

Yep. I would have thought manslaughter at minimum or a hung jury. Not
a one with any rationality in them at all? Wow....

Didn't know Florida had gone that far downhill since I last visited the
state. Which would be Okeechobee (sp?) bass fishing in 1997 or so.

Normal must be stupid.

They didn't try her for manslaughter, if they did, they would have
gotten a conviction.

Doubtful. If a jury isn't in understanding of reasonable, well, it
would not stick either. There were lesser charges available to them,
but they opted not.

Bottom line, you can murder children as long as you get rid of most of
the evidence and it disintegrates before, if ever found. And no body,
no crime.

Sad we as a society can't do better. I look forward to a day when like
Star Trek you have to testify if called and the device your hand rests
will reliability squawk if you lie.

Because she never reported the child missing, it is certain she is
guilty of something. Sad she is going to walk, might even do it
again... Pretty obvious criminals have more rights than victims.

On Jul 5, 9:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

One of the charges against Anthony was "aggravated manslaughter," so, in
fact, she was tried for manslaughter. The problem is, it was too high a
manslaughter charge.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

On 06/07/2011 6:43 AM, iBoat alot wrote:
In articled0c9368a-9ba7-4cde-9b94-919045167f75
@c29g2000yqd.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jul 5, 9:38 pm, wrote:
So in Florida, kid makes too much noise just throw them to the gators.

If someone comes asking, just lie.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...y-verdict.html

Does not mater you never reported your two year old missing. Does not
mater that there is no sane use for chloroform in the home or you leave
some behind. No explanations required....

--
Government isn't the solution to the bad economy, it is the problem.
------
In Debt We Trust!
-- Obama and the democrats, world record in debt incursion.

Are you surprised??
You just have to look at some of the Floridians we suffer in here on a
daily basis to understand what passes for 'normal' down there.

You stupid ****! There are specific, VERY specific guidelines set for a
conviction of first degree murder. Those weren't met. Period. It's a
shame the prosecution didn't do a good enough job, for sure, but again,
those specific guidelines weren't met. You need to go back to Harry's
group and do some self education.

Then they could have gone for second degree or manslaughter. They were
not stuck with the chair or nothing else. In fact, while I believe her
guilty as it gets, I admit I would have been reluctant to do the death
penalty with what I know of this case. But I wouldn't have let her skip
off to do it again....20-25 is appropriate. She can always talk, take a
polygraph and appeal.

As a parent, if my kid was missing for 31 minutes I would be frantically
looking for her non-stop until I found her. Fact is, she didn't give a
flying dead rats ass about Caylee, parental negligence and abuse could
have easily stuck.

Fact is, unreasonable jury just wanted out. Victim gets no justice or
representation.

On 06/07/2011 5:43 AM, Harryk wrote:
On 7/6/11 1:05 AM, Canuck57 wrote:

In many ways, the Chinese system is better. No where near as corrupt.
Much lower government cost per worker. But I do not know Chinese and far
too many people to be a good place to live.

I would pick south America somewhere south of Mexico. As Mexico is a
drug hole and pit of corruption.

The Chinese legal system is better? You need to cut back on those 'shrooms.

It *is* true South America is south of Mexico. Good knowing *that*

1/2 the Americans think south American is anything south of the USA.
Even had a person say, Alberta, which state is that?

On 06/07/2011 10:39 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 23:05:58 -0600,
wrote:

On 05/07/2011 9:53 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 21:32:07 -0600,
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Hey fleabag, I need to get accounts, pick up on some of the language,
buy a property...see unlike a fleabag like you I have assets to manage
and move. Plus, I have to visit them, get some local legal advice,
banking etc. It isn't like my life fits in one suitcase like you.

On Jul 5, 9:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

1. The prosecution could have sought different, lesser, charges. No
dispute there. If it had, it might have gotten a conviction.

2. There was no evidence offered of negligence or abuse, so we have no
idea of what might have "stuck."

3. You have no way of knowing what happened in the jury room, other than
the jury was not convinced by the prosecution. My theory is that the
prosecutors, figuring they were facing an accused without financial
means, threw the book at the defendant and figured it would stick. They
prosecuted beyond what their evidence could prove, and instead of a
cheesy public defender, they faced a law firm with some resources. The
victim got representation. Justice? We don't know.

There is no shortage of impoverished defendants in this country who are
railroaded into prison for long terms because they cannot afford good
counsel.

On 7/6/11 1:57 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 06/07/2011 5:43 AM, Harryk wrote:
On 7/6/11 1:05 AM, Canuck57 wrote:

In many ways, the Chinese system is better. No where near as corrupt.
Much lower government cost per worker. But I do not know Chinese and far
too many people to be a good place to live.

I would pick south America somewhere south of Mexico. As Mexico is a
drug hole and pit of corruption.

The Chinese legal system is better? You need to cut back on those
'shrooms.

It *is* true South America is south of Mexico. Good knowing *that*

1/2 the Americans think south American is anything south of the USA.
Even had a person say, Alberta, which state is that?

You're not going to get brownie points by claiming others are as or more
ignorant than you are.

On 06/07/2011 6:10 AM, Harryk wrote:
On 7/5/11 11:32 PM, Canuck57 wrote:

In Somalia, likely no charges at all. In China, she would have to answer
for 31 days of no reporting and the details. That is, forced to testify
on discovery and not cooperating with police is a much more serious
offense.

You seem to have real admiration for dictatorships like China.

Might even surpise you that in some ways they are structured republic
not much unlike the USA. Yep, you have an electrial college, they have
a National Peopel Congress. Same function. They do have elections,
which means they are not a dictatorship.

They have nearly 3000 elected officials, and not one has powers like a
president. hey must operate as a collective and not a one mesiah
approach. keeps a bad leader neutered until their 5 year term is up and
they can be replace.

Try to buy a representative with contributions and favors, they will
jail you.

In some elections they even have more than one person from the same
party...yep...no back room stacking the deck.

Even the CIA recognizes them as while communist, it is none the less a
democracy. The outcome is a authoritarian capitalist society, quite
successful as they are economical whipping the USA ass.

You greedy fleabags always like to twist the facts.

What's the specific law in China that requires the reporting of a
missing person? Or are you just blowing smoke out your ears?

Courts in China will not lace an individuals rights before the need of
the truth. They would tell Casey to rot in jail until she talks and it
is credible. And they have patience.

In the United States, the Fifth Amendment states that individuals cannot
be forced to incriminate themselves. You want to do away with that?

And that is the dilemma, as it provides the criminal more justice than
the victim. But I know, it was there to protect the person from state
forced confessions that may or may not be true.

I think it needs modification suitable for cases like this.

Lying to the police is a crime, for which Ms. Anthony was convicted. Not
cooperating with the police - refusing to talk to the police about a
crime - is not a crime, *especially* if you might be a subject of interest.

Maybe the right answer is to raise the penalties to 25 years for lying
to police where death has occurred and the intent is to deceive police.

On 7/6/11 2:17 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
[...]

And once again, you demonstrate your ignorance. There's only one major
political party in China and a handful of small parties that do
precisely what the main party tells them to do. When all you can vote
for in the national elections are members or affiliates of the
controlling communist party, you do not have a democracy.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

Ahhh, I screwed up Frogwatch[_2_] General 25 March 8th 09 04:32 PM
I screwed up Harry.Krause General 0 October 4th 05 09:58 PM
I've screwed up now [email protected] General 14 September 16th 05 03:18 PM
OT--No wonder why almost our country is so screwed up. NOYB General 25 April 12th 05 06:16 PM
I must have screwed up . . . Capt. Neal® ASA 3 January 21st 05 03:43 PM