Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default On the Potomac...

....again yesterday to watch the parade of boats heading into DC for the fireworks. There didn't seem
to be as many this year as in years past. Maybe fuel prices, or maybe the thunderstorms that
threatened to cancel the whole thing but never materialized. Oh well.

We went down to our little boaters' beach, which is now a regional park. That means no fires on
shore, no drinking on shore, and probably no cussin' on shore. The beach is getting clogged with
driftwood, which didn't used to be a problem 'cause it would get burned marshmallow roasts.

The boat ran perfectly. Even my GPS, which has been giving me fits, worked the whole time out. It
turned out to be a bad solder joint on the positive wire. I discovered it by accident when I was
fiddling with the wires and the damn GPS came on. I was ready to send the whole damn thing back
again. Oh well, live and learn.

Now I'm hankerin' to get down to Lake Anna and do some striper fishing.

Anchor in the Potomac... John H[_2_] General 2 January 30th 11 07:23 PM
Caracas on the Potomac Frogwatch[_2_] General 55 March 29th 10 11:29 AM
Beijing on the Potomac Katie Ohara General 15 September 11th 09 08:32 AM
Cruise up the Potomac No Name Cruising 1 December 1st 08 08:03 PM
Potomac Catfish Vic Smith General 32 August 15th 08 03:12 AM