ColteauxRaft1

Default Drowning on N.Fork Feather River(N.California)

There was a rafting death Saturday Sept.27 on the N. Fork Feather River on the
Cresta Run. It was my understanding a raft with 5 passengers flipped on
Tablerock rapid with only 4 paddlers coming back to the surface. No other
detail is available at this time. J. Colteaux
Bill Tuthill

ColteauxRaft1 wrote:
There was a rafting death Saturday Sept.27 on the N. Fork Feather River
on the Cresta Run. It was my understanding a raft with 5 passengers
flipped on Tablerock rapid with only 4 paddlers coming back to the surface.
No other detail is available at this time. J. Colteaux

I heard it was a rapid formerly called Cattle-Call, now called Cave Rapid.
It's a nasty undercut leading into a cave.

Here's an article from the Chico newspaper:

http://www.chicoer.com/Stories/0,141...1663959,00.htm