Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
bkr

Default Almost ready

So I went out and demo'd some CLC boats on Wednesday. What a wonderful
experience. I'm really looking forward to getting one of these boats
and beginning the building process. I was hoping that my demo would
help me decide for certain that I wanted a single versus the tandem, but
the sport tandem was such a great ride for me that I decided that I
would go ahead and get it. Now I get the privelege of starting to think
about my customizations. I've been reading some web pages that show a
lot of really cool hints for the build and nice customizations such as
artwork and names etc.

As, I was saying, I've decided on the sport tandem which is 22' long and
remarkably easy to control (in calm seas) by myself. I was concerned
that paddling it alone would be very difficult for me, as I'm a novice
paddler, but during the test, it felt great. I will be taking some
classes once I have completed the boat, so I can learn how to roll the
thing (yes it can be done apparently) and in worst case scenarios how to
re-enter in deep water safely. Any suggestions anyone has on classes,
instructors, or just general boat building would be more than welcome.

Wish me luck.

bkr