riverman

Default Life in Congo, Part V: What a (long) strange trip its being....

"Tim J." wrote in message

"Mary Malmros" wrote...
snip
So, it's not bull****,
but nevertheless a really bizarre non sequitur.

It is amazing to me that someone I've never seen post on roff before can

sum up
its essence in one short sentence. golf clap
--
TL,
Tim

Whoa, there Tim! Its crossposted to rec.boats.paddle (another newsgroup I
frequent, as well as some other roffians), and Mary is NOT someone you want
to tangle with. She stands up for herself quite well.

This might get VERY interesting. :-)

--riverman

riverman

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"Stan Gula" wrote in message

....(who knew!).

PalmoliveT

Wolfgang
a registered trademark of colgate-palmolive.

I'd love to know where Colgate got ITS name. Coal tar, perchance?

--riverman

Wolfgang

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"Stan Gula" wrote in message

....(who knew!).

PalmoliveT

Wolfgang
a registered trademark of colgate-palmolive.

Hmph! Stupid computer. The "T" at the end of Palmolive was supposed
to be the itty bitty superposed TM trademark symbol and that's the way
it showed upon on my screen when I typed it.

Wolfgang
stupid computer.

Tim J.

"riverman" wrote...

"Tim J." wrote...

"Mary Malmros" wrote...
snip
So, it's not bull****,
but nevertheless a really bizarre non sequitur.

It is amazing to me that someone I've never seen post on roff before can

sum up
its essence in one short sentence. golf clap
--
TL,
Tim
. . . well, except for the "it's not bull****" part.

Whoa, there Tim! Its crossposted to rec.boats.paddle (another newsgroup I
frequent, as well as some other roffians), and Mary is NOT someone you want
to tangle with. She stands up for herself quite well.

If I had noticed the crossposting, I would have eliminated the second group, as
I normally do not like to enter the crossposting milieu. But my post wasn't
meant as a slant towards Mary, but to poke fun at roff, which of course IS full
of bull**** on a regular basis (See - there goes some now.) So Mary, you can
stand up or be seated and it will make no difference to me - whatever makes you
comfortable.
--
TL,
Tim

rw

Stan Gula wrote:

I would like to see a reference for that too. My bull**** meter got up to
75% on that one and I got curious. All I can find is one environmental
action group recommending a boycott of palm oil products that are produced
in areas where the orangutan still lives (because people are clearing
forests to plant oil palms), a few articles on import bans (to shore up
local production), some articles on developing plantations (in Australia),
and a reclassification of 'raw palm oil' in India due to an import tax
loophole. Nothing about dangers in consumption but a lot of signs of a huge
industry (who knew!).

Palm oil is very high in saturated fat (the bad kind).

riverman

"Tim J." wrote in message

[...]

Ahh, now that you put it that way, it IS amazing that someone who has never
posted on roff could sum up its essence in one short sentence. I concur!

--riverman
("roff: a really bizarre non-sequitur." I like it.)

Ken Fortenberry

Wolfgang wrote:
If they want my palm oil they'll have to slide it from my slippery
dead hands!

http://www.dailyherald.com/comics/bizarro.htm

--
Ken Fortenberry

rw

Mary Malmros wrote:

Wrong kind of "dangerous". It's a monstrous clog on the arteries.
In its native form, I believe, it's got quite a bit of saturated
fat, and it frequently shows up in food products in a hydrogenated
form, which is the worst stuff out there. So, it's not bull****,
but nevertheless a really bizarre non sequitur.

While it's true that palm oil is high in saturated fat, so are pork
chops and prime rib. I wouldn't eat a diet very rich in palm oil, but I
don't consider it "dangerous." It's very stable and has a pleasant
flavor. If I recall correctly, it's supposed to be especially good for
baking.

Willi

riverman wrote:
Life in Congo-Part 5: What a long, strange trip.

Great stuff like all your past adventures. You got the makings of a book
in there.

Willi

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:00:45 +0100, "riverman"
wrote:

Ahh, now that you put it that way, it IS amazing that someone who has never
posted on roff could sum up its essence in one short sentence. I concur!

--riverman
("roff: a really bizarre non-sequitur." I like it.)

She has a lot of common sense. Most long term kayakers have. Keeps
them alive. Especially the white water ones.
--

rbc:vixen,Minnow Goddess,Willow Watcher,and all that sort of thing.
Often taunted by trout.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli