D. Bennett

Default sea kayaking near La Push, WA

Hello all...

I'll be in La Push, WA the beginning of October and wanted to see if
there were any good places to go kayaking (sea kayaks)... We'll
probably try the ocean depending on the conditions (and put in
locations)... Any details on memoriable routes or things to avoid
would be great.

Any info on good put in locations would be excellent as well. Even if
the paddling isn't right in La Push (we'll be driving from the
Bellevue, WA area).

Thanks in advance,
Darren
D. Bennett

I've done plenty of of ocean kayaking (and kayak surfing) w/ the
necassary skills but my wife hasn't so I was hoping to find some
calmer places (maybe some nice harbors or rivers to navigate)... I've
heard that the Indian reservation near by has a strict no trespass
rule for most of their waterways.

We'll be traveling through Olympia (so if there are any ideas between
Oly and La Push that might work as well).

Thanks,

Charles Pezeshki wrote in message ...
Hi Darren,

It's been a while since I've been there, but La Push oceanside (and down the
Olympic Peninsula) can be big. Fine fun if you're up to it. Dunno your
skill level, but be prepared.

Chuck

in article , D. Bennett at
wrote on 9/10/03 1:43 PM:

Hello all...

I'll be in La Push, WA the beginning of October and wanted to see if
there were any good places to go kayaking (sea kayaks)... We'll
probably try the ocean depending on the conditions (and put in
locations)... Any details on memoriable routes or things to avoid
would be great.

Any info on good put in locations would be excellent as well. Even if
the paddling isn't right in La Push (we'll be driving from the
Bellevue, WA area).

Thanks in advance,
Darren

BB

On the way to Olympia, you will drive right by the Nisqually Reserve. It has
the Nisqually River on one side and McAllister Creek on the other. There is
access to both near the reserve. I would suggest the McAllister Creek put in
at Luhr Beach boat ramp.
There are many birds, river otters, and seals in or near the reserve.You'll
need to pay attention to the tides if you want to go up McAllister Creek.

The water on the Nisqually delta is shallow close in but can get rough
depending on wind and tide, McAllister is a pleasant smooth water paddle
anyone would enjoy

Bill

m...

wrote on 9/10/03 1:43 PM:

Hello all...

I'll be in La Push, WA the beginning of October and wanted to see if
there were any good places to go kayaking (sea kayaks)... We'll
probably try the ocean depending on the conditions (and put in
locations)... Any details on memoriable routes or things to avoid
would be great.

Any info on good put in locations would be excellent as well. Even if
the paddling isn't right in La Push (we'll be driving from the
Bellevue, WA area).

Thanks in advance,
Darren

Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe

The paddling around LaPush can be great. If it's a 'small' day either N or
S of LaPush proper is quite nice. Nice beach breaks and rock garden work.
If it's a 'BIG' day the harbor and James Is can be fun.

Here's some recent photos from a trip we did over labor day from Neah Bay to
LaPush. Helmets and drysuits were required!!!
=:-o)

http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~walpole/Flattery.html

steve

--