Default The fun is in the uncertainty

On Jun 15, 7:17*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
On Jun 15, 7:12*pm, Frogwatch wrote:

On Jun 15, 6:48*pm, Boating All Out wrote:

In article c1fafc0d-adaa-4909-bf3f-
,
says...

When we take boating trips, if everything went according to plan,
there'd be nothing to talk about. *You could simply give your pre-trip
itinerary and that'd be it, no reason to travel at all. *People who
actually do stuff know that all the fun is in when things do not go
according to plan. *This is why I rarely discuss stuff that goes
right, why bother. *It is when unplanned things happen the fun
begins. *This is why I always post about crazy stuff that happens and
not about how everything went according to plan.
In thinking about this, I had a startling revelation, "Some people
hate uncertainty" and this realization boggled my mind like finding
people who love Nazis or similar. *I find myself considering, "People
really LIKE things to go exactly as they planned, NO WAY" but I s'pose
some people really are like that. *I guess there's nothing wrong with
that attitude but is alien to me.
So, just out of curiosity, which type are you? *Do you like stuff to
go as planned or is seriously off course good for you?

Sane people always plan. *They don't cast off with torn sails or a near
empty fuel tank, or no idea of a heading.
Then they want their plans to happen.
Everybody - if they're sane.
And they also know that plans often go awry and there is always some
uncertainty.
So your "revelation" is what I'd call "common sense.'
No wonder you were startled.
You remind of a guy here who had a little leaky propane cannister and
spun a tale about how it was going to blow his boat up, so he turned it
into a nav hazard to "protect" his boat.
Came up with all kinds of wild speculation how the gas would overwhelm
his boat even after tossing the cannister into the open sea.
Yet at one point he sat for an hour with the cannister at hand, waiting
for the tide to turn.
Defied common sense.
I stopped razzing him because he never said that every time he picked it
up it was still leaking, because it was a very slow leak.
Figured that's what somebody with no common sense would do.
Tell a story that made no sense because he left important parts out.
Can't hold that against him. *Takes all kinds.

Harry, Boating all out and plume are all invited to go along on the
next leg of my Bahamas excursion. *HOWEVER, they have to bring their
own peanut butter.

I'm sure they wont mind the only music I got is Gordon Lightfoot
singin' "Edmund Fitzgerald".

NO, you may not be captain and swaying when you are drunk and ****ing
on yourself does not count as "sea time".

On Jun 15, 7:23*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
[...]

Yeah, yeah, I know yer the expert mariner an' all but the binocs work
better when you look in the little end.

On Jun 15, 7:28*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
[...]

Seasick, you can't be, we haven't even untied the dock lines yet.

On Jun 15, 7:52*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
[...]

No, a 6" chop does not mean a tsunami is coming so put down the EPIRB.

On Jun 15, 7:11*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:48:14 -0500, Boating All Out

wrote:
[...]

Looks like you touched a nerve, given six/seven responses.

Struck a nerve, D'Plume. Frogwatch was very polite in his
correspondence. He never called any one a 'moron.'

In article ,
says...

In article , payer33859
@mypacks.net says...

On 6/15/11 3:21 PM, Frogwatch wrote:
On Jun 15, 2:29 pm, wrote:
In article3a2dfcf5-205b-4656-a5ec-
,
says...

On Jun 15, 1:05 pm, wrote:
On 6/15/11 12:42 PM, North Star wrote:

On Jun 15, 12:36 am, wrote:
On Jun 14, 10:22 pm, North wrote:

On Jun 14, 10:13 pm, wrote:

[...]

Operating a sailing vessel on the open ocean is serious business.
If you're looking for wild crazy unpredictible fun... go to Vegas.

Ahh, but there is a difference, gambling is uncontrollable uncertainty
whereas knowing seamanship allows one to partially control the
situation. Gambling does nothing for me at all, not interested.- Hide quoted text -

Who said anything about gamblin' ??

Seamanship is no remedy for a poorly maintained boat. I've seen nothing
from Froggy's posts that tell me he is an accomplished "seaman," but
I've seen plenty of posts from him that tell me he is lax about
maintenance and preparation.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

Sometime I'll have to post "The Rime of the Ancient Frogwatch" in its
entirety for Harry.

Harry must be one of the dullest persons to hang around ever. He's such
a coward.

"The Rime of the Ancient Frogwatch" in which the mariner Frogwatch
shoots a Canadian Goose that was pooping on his boat and he is then
haunted by PETA and forced to watch videos of naked models in their

Must have been a step up for you, since in the real world, no woman
worth her gender would want to sail on a little sweatbox like yours,
with no air, no hot water, no refrigeration and nothing but peanut
butter and oatmeal to eat.

Yeah, no one would like a real adventure when they could just sit in
their basement all day afraid of everything, coward.

The stupid **** sits there attacking each and every post wondering why
half the population of America wants to kill him...

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

On Jun 15, 12:36 am, *wrote:
On Jun 14, 10:22 pm, North *wrote:

On Jun 14, 10:13 pm, *wrote:

[...]

Just the idea of some people being on boats is amusing. "Calm down,
YES, the boat is s'posed to be leaning, it's called heeling and no we
will not tip over".

On Jun 15, 12:36 am, *wrote:
On Jun 14, 10:22 pm, North *wrote:

On Jun 14, 10:13 pm, *wrote:

[...]

With you in charge, one wonders.

Frogwatch wrote:
On Jun 15, 8:48 pm, wrote:

In ,
says...

In articlet86dnclNp7blmmTQnZ2dnUVZ_tKdn...@earthlink .com, payer33859

On Jun 15, 12:36 am, wrote:

On Jun 14, 10:22 pm, North wrote:

On Jun 14, 10:13 pm, wrote:

[...]

Are you sure? I heard Guam could tip over with too many people on one
side and it's a freakin' island!

looks like fun thumper General 0 August 7th 09 06:37 AM
Y'all have fun... [email protected] General 0 December 31st 05 06:34 PM
Y'all have fun... Don White General 0 December 31st 05 03:41 PM
Y'all have fun... Don White General 0 December 31st 05 03:38 PM
Y'all have fun... JimH General 0 December 31st 05 03:23 PM