Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
kickstart

Default Fuel useage

OK Here's a real beginners question and I don't expect an exact answer just
a reasonable guess or estimate.
I'm looking at a 27 bayliner, 1983, Volvo penta 260 hp
Supposed to cruise about 20.
What should a reasonable expectation for fuel usage be ?
By the hour or by the mile. info sets hull speed @ about 27, so 20 should be
a little fast as far a rpms go, If I drop back to 17-18 mph that should
increase mileage. Just guessing, I haven't ever owned a bout of this size,
but I am looking forward to some cruising
Thanks for any suggestions and help

Kickstart