Default In the yard now in the bahamas

I managed to move my 28' sailboat from Mangoes marina to Marsh harbor
Boat Yard because my insurance will not cover Ragtime if she is in the
water during hurricane season.
The guy on the tricked out Mac26 next to me and another guy on a 36'
Cape Dory wanted to go along on the transfer so off we went.
The Mac26 guy said he knew an extreme short cut that would save us an
hour and since I wanted to catch the 4:30 plane I agreed. Besides, it
sounded like a cool very shallow winding between islands passage and
if I ran aground, a small price for a days adventure. I was sorta
nervous as my chart showed half a meter depth only but we never
touched bottom passing along a channel right off the rocky shore.
Serious local knowledge.
I did check with two local insurance companies there about liability
only insurance and was told that unless I was also covering a car or
house, no way.
BTW, Marsh harbor has the best hardware store I have ever seen. It is
called Standard Hardware and is warehouse sized and has everything
without being a Lowes or Home Depot, it is a true hardware store on a
large scale.

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:07:19 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

I did check with two local insurance companies there about liability
only insurance and was told that unless I was also covering a car or
house, no way.

Did you ever talk with Al Golden about that?

Frogwatch wrote:
[...]

How are the prices at the hardware store? They pay a huge duty of over
40% IIRC plus freight from the US.

On Jun 10, 8:39*pm, L G wrote:
Frogwatch wrote:
[...]

I checked the price on a battery powered hand drill, very high but I
do not remember it. However, when you really need 6 #8 stainless self
drilling screws, a buck apiece is nothing.

Frogwatch wrote:
On Jun 10, 8:39 pm, L wrote:

Frogwatch wrote:

[...]

True. But they should be closer to $.15 each!

On the yard trailor Joe ASA 0 August 8th 06 08:15 PM
Junk Yard Capt. Rob ASA 23 January 11th 06 04:40 AM
Junk Yard Capt. Rob ASA 0 January 8th 06 07:41 AM
Junk Yard Capt. Rob ASA 0 January 8th 06 06:53 AM
bahamas hotel atlantis hotel bahamas grand bahamas island hotel atlantis hotel in the bahamas hotel in the bahamas adfunk Jehad Internet Cruising 0 February 4th 04 11:42 PM