Backyard Renegade

Default Traveler's Advisory

"D. Brooke Hatfield" wrote in message ...
Traveler's Advisory:

Think twice about checking your kayak as baggage on a commercial airline
flight originating or terminating in the USA.

Inspection of baggage by the Transportation Security Administration
(TSA) has lead airlines to adopt new policies about damage to personal
items. These policies encourage mistreatment of luggage because baggage
handlers can act with impunity.

Our kayak was destroyed after its maiden voyage. Please visit a
href="http://personal.riverusers.com/~hatfield/kayak/"
http://personal.riverusers.com/~hatfield/kayak/ /a for details.

That is terrible, when you see the pictures you can see that it was
probably deliberate in my opinion. I have a similar story with
packages clearly marked pottery... fragile... by me and the airline...
we watched from the window of the American Airlines jet as the two
handlers dropped one (oooops, big shrug of shoulders) and then bounced
the other up onto the conveyer belt... everyone saw on our side of the
plane. That was over a decade ago on the way back from my honeymoon...
long before the TSA... there was no recourse then either.
Scotty