River Wild

Default BoomerangIt Lost & Found Service

Do any of y'all use the BoomerangIt service? I registered my kayak on
there. It's real cheap - almost $10 for 10 years of protection. You
buy a label from them and that label has a unique ID number on it.
You put the label on your item (such as I did with my kayak). Then
you register your product on their web site under that ID number with
a full description of your product - serial number, make, color,
description, etc. If your item is lost or stolen, somebody can go
onto BoomerangIt's web site and enter the ID number. BoomerangIt will
contact you that your item has been found and I think they help to
arrange for it to get back to you, too. The finder gets a reward from
BoomerangIt of a package of BoomerangIt labels; you can give the
finder a reward, if you choose to.

Seems cheap and good to me!
Mary Malmros

This sounds kind of neat, but also like it's not much different,
functionally, from what a lot of people do now (i.e., writing their
contact info in their boats). The advantage with this service, I
suppose, is that the owner could remain anonymous. But OTOH, I
think that the current "system" works pretty well.

--
Mary Malmros