Amy Lewis

Default newly obsessed with kayaks

I was just sitting here at home in my server room, idly poking about my
network, when suddenly the idea of a kayak popped into my head out of the
blue. I have no idea why, it just did. Now this is a subject which I have
never given any thought to previously, so for this idea to suddenly arrive
between my ears with the force it did was quite a puzzlement.

Well, I ran with it, of course, and started digging about the web for
information which didn't take long to find. I then focused on folding
kayaks, then on Kleppers, and then on the Quattro XT.

I am intensely fascinated with the idea of kayaking and of having a boat I
can pack up and take with me anywhere for expeditions. I have been a deep
wilderness camper for many years, but I have not as yet extended my forays
into the water. It's high time I did.

I am quite aware that I have a lot of homework to do here, and a lot of
learning needs to happen before I put out with this boat, and given the fact
that I could drown or suffer other disasters I will be very sure to take my
time and start out slow.

The Quattro XT is my choice because I want to take a lot of stuff with me, I
want to be able to take another person at times, and I want a boat that can
mount full sails, jib and mainsail. It is my intention to commit to
mastering this boat.

I have sailing experience on San Francisco Bay, in a 33 foot sailboat, and
can handle myself in that okay, but have not as yet been in a folding kayak
much less under sail.

I'd like to hear from Quattro XT and other Klepper owners.

Thanx!

Amy Lewis