Ed Falis

Default Intro. New to group.

Welcome, Paul. Sounds a lot like me, discovering kayaking last year.

Now just wait until you get bit by the strip-building bug.

- Ed
Darryl Johnson

Paul Stivers wrote in :

Greetings,

I want to introduce myself before doing much conversing here.
I’m a new kayaking enthusiast.

snip

Well, that’s enough intro. I look forward to conversing about
paddling with all of you, and will probably eventually paddle with
some of you.

Welcome to the group, Paul. Kayaking is not necessarily as addictive
as golf, but it can be. (You might want to warn your wife in advance,
.... or not. g) It is nice that you are getting your kids involved.

--
Darryl

Wilko

Paul Stivers wrote in message ...

I want to introduce myself before doing much conversing here. I?m a new
kayaking enthusiast. The enthusiasm comes from a combination of mid life
crisis (47 yr old married male), mid life opportunity, and a love of
outdoors, water sports, and endurance sports.

snip
Well, that?s enough intro. I look forward to conversing about paddling
with all of you, and will probably eventually paddle with some of you.

Welcome to RBP, Paul!

Considering the distance, we're less likely to meet on the water though... :-)

Wilko

--

Wilko van den Bergh
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
Serge

Consider buying tandem (double) kayak - especially for long trips.

They are faster and you can talk, not shout, haul a lot of gear and
generally have less hassle than w/two kayaks.

Later you can pick up used or new single, when you now what to look
for.
Other way around does not always work.

You can alternate double and single w/your kids, instead having to
deal w/three kayaks.

Carolina Skiff owners group RG General 0 December 17th 03 12:47 PM
New DownEast and Express Cruisers group... BostonScubaDiver Cruising 0 November 23rd 03 05:30 PM
New DownEast and Express Cruisers Group BostonScubaDiver General 0 November 23rd 03 05:28 PM
Glen-L discussion group Brian & Brenda Mahaney Boat Building 0 July 1st 03 01:42 PM