Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Erik Anderson

Default Moose Territory

Ontario's Quetico Provincial Park and Minnesota's Boundary Waters Canoe Area
also have a lot of moose.

http://www.bwca.cc/wildlife/moose.html

"William R. Watt" wrote in message
moose trivia: moose and deer don't mix. deer carry a parasite or virus
which damages a moose's nervous system and they die off. when I was a lad
all you saw in Ontario's Algonquin Park were deer, now I'm told all you
see are moose. moose are a wilderness waterway creature. not too many in
town although every couple of years they have to pull one out of
somebody's backyard pool in Ottawa. deer are meadow creatures. farmers
around here complain about them all the time.

another interesting bit of paddling trivia. those native portages are
moose trails. this from Eric Morse's first book on fur trade canoe routes.

moose are easily domesticated but they are suceptable to many diseases.
attempts to raise them for meat in close quarters have failed.

----
National Capital FreeNet www.ncf.ca Ottawa's free community

network
website: www.ncf.ca/~ag384 "Tank, take me