Default Dem wins NY 26...

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

On 5/25/11 8:13 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute! wrote:
On May 25, 8:09 am, wrote:
On 5/25/11 8:05 AM, I_am_Tosk wrote:

In articlez7WdnU_GybbHTkHQnZ2dnUVZ_oydn...@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

On 5/25/11 3:36 AM, jps wrote:
On Tue, 24 May 2011 19:21:26 -0700, wrote:

On Tue, 24 May 2011 22:13:05 -0400,
wrote:

Hochul beat Republican Corwin in the NY 26 District congressional race,
a Democratic win in an overwhelmingly Republican/conservative district,
according to The Associated Press.

A tea party candidate scored in the single digits. The GOP said he would
have to score in the double digits to have a real impact on the
Republican's chances.

The Republicans spent an estimated $9 million to hold onto this seat.
Karl Rove was involved.

The biggest single issue apparently was the support of the Republican
candidate for the Republican plan to eliminate Medicare. Corwin
supported that plan until this weekend, when she flip-flopped.

Wow... I guess the Rapture is back on!

I think this might be a rupture. Every Republican that voted for
Ryan's bill will face open season next electiion cycle. These are the
idiot who want to end Medicare, a program over 80% of the population
says to keep as is.

Foot, shot, themselves.

Gosh, I hope so. I think the Dems ought to bring up the fact every day
that all but four Repubs voted for the Ryan plan to kill Medicare. It'll
be fun watching many of the Repubs twisting in the wind.

There was no bill to kill medicare.. It is a big lie by you and your
friends in Washington but of course Democrats don't care about the
truth, just like you..

That's *really* funny, little man. Really funny. The Ryan plan would
have absolutely killed Medicare as it exists and put seniors at the
mercy of a so-called voucher plan that wouldn't have begun to pay for
private health insurance policies that aren't even available.- Hide quoted text -

That's really funny fat coward.. I am sorry I can't really argue with
you because you are a liar and of course if you get mad and run your
mouth, you call the cops to back you up... Not worth my time mister
"Lobsta' boat"...

I'm sorry you cannot deal with reality, but your shortcomings are your
problem, not mine. Pun intended.

Of course pun intended. And if I don't get mad you will get more and
more obnoxious and more vulgar until I do... It's all you are here for
but other than that, you have proven your cowardice and dishonesty will
not let you be accountable for what you say, so it really means nothing
in the fat picture, pun intended...

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

On 5/25/11 8:20 AM, I_am_Tosk wrote:

Of course pun intended. And if I don't get mad you will get more and
more obnoxious and more vulgar until I do... It's all you are here for
but other than that, you have proven your cowardice and dishonesty will
not let you be accountable for what you say, so it really means nothing
in the fat picture, pun intended...

Virtually everyone here, no matter how obnoxious and vulgar the insults
they pitch or receive, manages to control his temper and avoid making
veiled or direct threats to "visit" someone for the purpose of
instigating violence. Virtually...I can only think of three posters who
make a habit of such threats...that moron from Thailand who was living
in Canada, Loogy and...you know who.

You might consider enrolling in anger management classes.

On 5/25/11 11:56 AM, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

This was MediScare at it's finest.

I suppose we will deny that there is a problem until it bankrupts the
country.

No one denies there is a problem. One problem is the program is
underfunded. Another is that the health care system is run for the
benefit of drug companies, insurance companies and for profit hospitals,
instead of for the benefit of the folks who live in this country. Both
problems can be fixed.

On 5/25/11 12:56 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2011 12:02:09 -0400,
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The problem nobody wants to touch is end of life care. As soon as you
get close, it becomes a "death panel'.
Most of the money Medicare spends, they spend to extend life a month
or two.

We just lost a friend who died from complications of meningitis. He
spent the last few months in a coma at a major hospital with all sorts
of effort and equipment brought into play. At the end he regained
consciousness, had all his faculties intact (he was a whiz of a math and
statistics professor) and then three days later, died

I can't even imagine what his hospital/medical bill was. He was only 50,
and I sure as hell would not want to decide whether to pull the plug on
such a guy.

On 5/25/11 2:30 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2011 13:07:43 -0400,
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Maybe that is a good reason to put this into the hands of doctors and
a heartless corporation. They will make a simple decision based on
likely outcome that a politician in this country could never make.
That is one thing that the other western democracies seem to do
better, and what gets them so much criticism here. (AKA rationing and
death panels)
You folks are the first ones to say insurance companies ration medical
care.
The situation in end of life care is also another symptom of younger
people not voting.

We don't just say insurers ration health care; they do it, regularly, in
many areas, and regard for the patients' welfare is really not part of
their consideration in most cases. We'd be better off without for profit
health insurers and for profit hospitals.

wrote:

[...]

The interesting this is the four who voted against it. There seems to
be a small minority of sanity there.

In articlez7WdnU_GybbHTkHQnZ2dnUVZ_oydnZ2d@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:

[...]

That's exactly right. It's been a long-standing agenda to kill all
social programs.

On Wed, 25 May 2011 12:56:45 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 25 May 2011 12:02:09 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I agree, but this was a Republican talking point in the last
presidential election if you recall. I don't understand what is wrong
with paying a doctor for having an end of life discussion.

On Wed, 25 May 2011 14:30:25 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 25 May 2011 13:07:43 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The corporation is going to make a very simple decision based on cost.
Their answer will invariably be to pressure the doctor to pull the
plug by denying benefits. What we need is for the doctor to be free to
discuss the various options with the person/family and make a decision
without regard to cost. Most people don't want to extend pain,
suffering, and tend to opt for hospice and minimally invasive
treatments. As soon as money is introduced by a for-profit company,
the whole equation gets tilted away from human dignity.

You folks are the first ones to say insurance companies ration medical
care.

I agree. I would much rather see a more balanced approach to
rationing, which is surely already going on.

The situation in end of life care is also another symptom of younger
people not voting.

Maybe, but since they're not being affected as much as older people,
I'm not sure I see your point.

wrote:

[...]

I really cannot figure out some of these right-wing bozos who live right
next to the precipice. Ingersoll will need Medicare as it is, not a
coupon to go find some fifth rate health insurance scam for seniors.

I'm a Dem and these people jps General 0 February 27th 10 05:09 PM
New ACORN dem porn... JustWait General 3 September 11th 09 08:31 PM
Dem congressman attacks a Dem Frogwatch General 2 August 9th 09 12:50 AM
Sanford a Dem jps General 6 June 25th 09 05:23 AM
What Happens if you're a Dem Skipper General 47 October 26th 05 09:08 PM