Tim Tim is offline

Default Yo, John....

When is the water going to be warm enough to launch? I'm planning on
going out Memorial Day weekend here. That is IF it isn't storming like
mad.

On 5/24/11 9:40 PM, Tim wrote:
When is the water going to be warm enough to launch? I'm planning on
going out Memorial Day weekend here. That is IF it isn't storming like
mad.

The water here is more than warm enough; temps in the bay are in the low
to mid 70's.

Tim Tim is offline

On May 24, 8:45*pm, Harryk wrote:
On 5/24/11 9:40 PM, Tim wrote:

When is the water going to be warm enough to launch? * I'm planning on
going out Memorial Day weekend here. That is IF it isn't storming like
mad.

The water here is more than warm enough; temps in the bay are in the low
to mid 70's.

I wonder what the water temps are in the Potomac or surrounding
rivers.

BTW, is the Potomac as polluted as I hear it is?
Tim Tim is offline

On May 24, 11:45*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 24 May 2011 20:09:28 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On May 24, 8:45 pm, Harryk wrote:
On 5/24/11 9:40 PM, Tim wrote:

When is the water going to be warm enough to launch? I'm planning on
going out Memorial Day weekend here. That is IF it isn't storming like
mad.

The water here is more than warm enough; temps in the bay are in the low
to mid 70's.

I wonder what the water temps are in the Potomac or surrounding
rivers.

BTW, is the Potomac as polluted as I hear it is?

Try this

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/por...cnscreen.shtml

The Potomac was getting cleaner throughout the 70s and 90s.. I assume
they are still on a good track. I could find someone up there who is
doing water quality testing in the same program I am in I imagine.

You have me curious now, I will look into it now that I know what the
numbers mean. I used to just believe the government when they said it
was doing better. I know they were saying the Potomac was safe to swim
in, right there at the Memorial Bridge in the early 80s when they were
having the raft races.

Good thought to know about it's status.

And concerning figures, I used to believe in the government too,
well, I still do...for the most part. It's politicians I dont' trust.

On Tue, 24 May 2011 18:40:26 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

When is the water going to be warm enough to launch? I'm planning on
going out Memorial Day weekend here. That is IF it isn't storming like
mad.

This coming weekend. Taking her out for some play time on the Potomac. A friend has moved down to
Lake Anna, so I'm hoping to get in some striper time with him too.

Once the kids are out of school, June 21 or so, we'll spend more time playing. We're taking one
daughter and kids to Solomons Island for a week. Plan to do some big time playing down there.

On May 24, 8:45*pm, Harryk wrote:
On 5/24/11 9:40 PM, Tim wrote:

When is the water going to be warm enough to launch? * I'm planning on
going out Memorial Day weekend here. That is IF it isn't storming like
mad.

The water here is more than warm enough; temps in the bay are in the low
to mid 70's.

I wonder what the water temps are in the Potomac or surrounding
rivers.

BTW, is the Potomac as polluted as I hear it is?

The Potomac is home to some of the largest bass tournaments in the country. It's not near the
cesspool it was 25 years ago. Every year it seems to get better. If we could figure out a way to
keep the Anacostia clean, the Potomac would be much nicer. The banks of the Potomac used to be lined
with dead fish, and if in the military a fall in the Potomac earned one an immediate tetanus shot.

Much better now. Now the big problem is the Chesapeake Bay.

We're just beginning to touch on 70 degrees in the Potomac, which is still pretty cool for the kids.
This week we're getting temps in the 80's, so that should warm the water a little.

On 5/25/11 6:39 AM, John H wrote:
On Tue, 24 May 2011 18:40:26 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

When is the water going to be warm enough to launch? I'm planning on
going out Memorial Day weekend here. That is IF it isn't storming like
mad.

This coming weekend. Taking her out for some play time on the Potomac. A friend has moved down to
Lake Anna, so I'm hoping to get in some striper time with him too.

Once the kids are out of school, June 21 or so, we'll spend more time playing. We're taking one
daughter and kids to Solomons Island for a week. Plan to do some big time playing down there.

Be aware that the "gourmet" supermarket across Route 4 from the entrance
to the rec center closed, or so the local news reports say. Sad to see
that; it was an interesting market.

Tim wrote:
When is the water going to be warm enough to launch? I'm planning on
going out Memorial Day weekend here. That is IF it isn't storming like
mad.

I've shoveled snow out of the boat in the IL River. I guess it depends
on what you want to do on the water!

"L G" wrote in message

Tim wrote:
When is the water going to be warm enough to launch? I'm planning on
going out Memorial Day weekend here. That is IF it isn't storming like
mad.

I've shoveled snow out of the boat in the IL River. I guess it depends
on what you want to do on the water!

Reply:
Weather here can not make up it's mind. Weekend before last, I was in
Shelter Cove, CA for a kayak derby. Quit early, as on Saturday, was
overcast, but warm. Got wet under the paddle jacket from sweat. Sunday,
forecasted for showers. Was one shower, all day long from 2 am. Cold.
Was snowing at 2500' elevation, was too cold, without a sweatshirt under the
paddle jacket and just the wetsuit. Then was in the 70's for a week, and
today rained. This afternoon, beautiful. Unfortunately, the windows are
out of the boat, and it is about 1/2 sanded in preparation for redoing the
paint on the top and inside. Probably couple weeks before I am done as have
granddaughter first b'day, coming up next week.

John H Tim General 0 December 24th 09 05:45 PM
Ships_36_52 ft John schooner , Heron designed by John Alden in 1929 and built in Camfen in 2003, sails on Penobscot Bay, Maine_Allison Langley_sqs squeegees Tall Ship Photos 0 August 19th 09 09:07 PM
O.T. for John H jim[_7_] General 1 September 18th 08 07:53 PM
(OT) Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry (Sorry John H) Jim General 18 March 31st 04 06:35 PM
(OT) Gift for John H, NOYB, John Gaguin and other right wingers Jim General 1 March 10th 04 05:09 AM