Default Another damn recipe

This past weekend we went to the Virginia Samboree down at Urbana, VA - the Beth Page Campground
(which is very nice, by the way). Our little group sells BBQ sandwiches on Saturday and uses part of
the proceeds for the 'Dogs for the Deaf' charity.

Our normal BBQ maker couldn't get to this year's campout, so I got volunteered to make the BBQ. I
used the recipe below, magnified about 12 times. We sold 96 sandwiches at $4.50 each, and the BBQ
got rave reviews. So....here's the recipe:

Slow-cooked Pulled Pork

1 tbs onion salt
2 tbs Hungarian Paprika
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
2 tsp pure chili powder
½ tsp ground allspice
½ tsp ground black pepper
3-5 lbs boneless pork shoulder
2 tbs vegetable oil
¾ cup apple cider vinegar
2 tsp hot pepper sauce (Franks Red Hot)

Combine the onion salt, paprika, 1 tbs brown sugar, chili powder, allspice and black pepper in a
mixing bowl. Reserve one tbs of the spice mix. Cut the pork into about three big chunks, and rub the
remaining spice mix over the pork. Wrap the pork in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

On a very hot grill, brown the pork very well. I like it with some black on it. Transfer to a slow
cooker.

Mix the vinegar, hot sauce, and the tbs of spice mix, and the rest of the brown sugar together

Cover and cook on low for 6-10 hours, or until pork is fork-tender. Shred pork with knife and fork.
Add the hot pepper sauce to the liquid in the slow cooker, return pork and any other juices to
cooker, toss pork to coat with liquid.

On May 24, 4:10*pm, John H wrote:
[...]

....another off topic **** post.
Tim Tim is offline

On May 24, 3:10*pm, John H wrote:
[...]

Looks really good to me, John. I've copied it and put it int he recipe
folder. My nieces birthday is coming up in a couple weeks and I'm
going to put this recipe into consideration.

BTW, I wonder how it would be if you changed to vinegar to dill pickle
juice?

Thanks!

On Wed, 25 May 2011 15:33:33 -0400, Gene wrote:

On Tue, 24 May 2011 16:10:36 -0400, John H
wrote:

[...]

Yeah, you are posting recipes, just like Harry...

Has Harry posted this recipe?

Damn.

On 5/27/11 2:06 PM, Gene wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It looks like a recipe with liberal ingredients...

I dunno why one would want to ruin a decent pulled pork sandwich by
dosing it with chili and hot pepper sauce. Well, I suppose if you don't
like the taste of the meat...

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:

This past weekend we went to the Virginia Samboree down at Urbana, VA - the Beth Page Campground
(which is very nice, by the way). Our little group sells BBQ sandwiches on Saturday and uses part of
the proceeds for the 'Dogs for the Deaf' charity.

Our normal BBQ maker couldn't get to this year's campout, so I got volunteered to make the BBQ. I
used the recipe below, magnified about 12 times. We sold 96 sandwiches at $4.50 each, and the BBQ
got rave reviews. So....here's the recipe:

Slow-cooked Pulled Pork

1 tbs onion salt
2 tbs Hungarian Paprika
? cup packed light brown sugar
2 tsp pure chili powder
? tsp ground allspice
[...]

Anything to be and asshole, eh, Harry?

Another great recipe ... JohnH[_5_] General 1 October 2nd 09 01:31 AM
recipe Don Doucet General 0 February 10th 09 09:48 PM
Another great recipe! JohnH General 0 June 10th 06 02:02 AM
Best Damn Chili Recipe Skipper General 11 November 15th 05 02:45 PM
New Soup Recipe Bob Crantz ASA 0 August 3rd 04 02:54 AM