Default Where the GOP is heading...

Wednesday May 11, 2011
Candidate's 'joke' offends tea partiers
by Ry Rivard
Daily Mail Capitol Reporter

CHARLESTON, W.Va. - The leaders of an Eastern Panhandle Tea Party group
are claiming former state lawmaker and current GOP gubernatorial
candidate Larry Faircloth made a racist and sexist remark about
President Barack Obama and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

Terry and Larrice Craver, the co-founders of We the People of Hampshire
County, said the group hosted a candidate forum April 29 in Romney that
three GOP candidates attended.

"While Mr. Faircloth was giving his opening comments, he chose to tell a
racist, sexist 'Joke,'" the couple said in a Monday email obtained by
the Daily Mail. "This offended several people, some laughed, most
gasped, and one man stood up and walked out and made the statement
'You're all nothing but a bunch of bigots' on his way out the door."

The Cravers declined to retell the joke in a telephone interview Tuesday.

Faircloth referred to Pelosi as a "bimbo."

"Is she not one?" Faircloth said in a Tuesday evening telephone
interview. "I mean, a lot of people think she is a bimbo; that's why
they replaced Congress with Republicans, and they removed her as
speaker. I don't find that as anything different than a political poke
at her."

He also referred to Obama as a "Sambo," a term many consider racist.

"It was meant to be a joke, and if they took it different, I told the
people there that I apologized," Faircloth said.

He added, "We've been tiptoeing around the president."

Faircloth said he had heard the joke earlier that day from a poll worker.

The Cravers said they first asked Faircloth to make a public apology but
he refused. Finally, they said they sent the email Monday to other tea
party groups across the state.

"I put it out there so other tea parties would know what's going on. I
didn't put it out for publication; I was putting it out for their
knowledge because it goes to the character of the candidate," Terry
Craver said in an interview.

In the email, the Cravers described an attempt to get Faircloth to
apologize.

"Terry told him that his joke offended several people at the forum," the
email, which was written by Larrice Craver, said.

- - -

Ahh, the GOP...the party of inclusion. Good luck in 2012, 2016, 2020...

On 13/05/2011 2:31 PM, Harryk wrote:

Faircloth referred to Pelosi as a "bimbo."

Yep, he was wrong. He gave her far too much credit. Not as bad as Guam
is tipping over Hank Johnson though. That democrat is pretty hard to
beat. Hank be a buffoon airhead. I wuld be embarased to live in
Georgia 4th district.

The video says it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg

Ask yourself, how did such an idiot get elected?

He also referred to Obama as a "Sambo," a term many consider racist.

I am still confused today, black or colored? Heck, seems like the
acronyms change with political BS and rhetoric. What is good one day,
isn't the next. Can't say anything without getting some idiot offended.

Sambo is also was or is a restaurant is it not? The word as a race
term, like WASP is a derived name. In teh case of Sambo, an African
"zambo". Zambo in spanish means African-American.

So other than the stupidity of this arguement, might I suggest it isn't
really any more racist than WASP, honky, white bread, or some other
slang blacks also use.

People are just far too sensitive to this, idle minds looking for an
excuse to attack others they don't agree with. Also a common fleabagger
trait too.
--
Take a look at ANY country, more debt is more problems. So why do we
allow our governments more debt? Selfishness, greed, denial, ignorance?
jps jps is offline

On Fri, 13 May 2011 16:31:09 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

[...]

Sambo? Bimbo? One thing I learned early on about sales is that by
disparaging your competitors, you disparage yourself, since you're in
the same business.

Peddling fear and hate. That's nothing new for the GOP.

wrote:

[...]

Don't you man the democrats?

--
Take a look at ANY country, more debt is more problems. So why do we
allow our governments more debt? Selfishness, greed, denial, ignorance?

Heading Out Through the Trough_Christopher Blossom_sqs Heading Out Through The Trough_Christopher Blossom, 2003_sqs.jpg [2/2] squeegees Tall Ship Photos 0 August 9th 09 04:23 AM
GOP blasts GOP jps General 1 June 25th 09 08:40 PM
Heading out for some Lobster Paul McGrane Tall Ship Photos 0 November 23rd 08 02:17 PM
We are heading out to do some................ *JimH* General 1 September 10th 05 04:00 PM
OT heading North Don White General 8 December 6th 04 11:39 PM