Default VERY expensive gas ...

On 01/05/2011 9:48 PM, Califbill wrote:
"Canuck57" wrote in message ...

On 01/05/2011 7:01 PM, Califbill wrote:
"wf3h" wrote in message

On Sun, 1 May 2011 13:42:18 -0400, I_am_Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 01 May 2011 08:49:10 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

canadian workforce is 30% unionized

US private workforce is 7%

10 years ago the US had a 25% PPP advantage vs canada

today the canadian dollar is at parity with the US dollar.

...and granite is hard, and I filled a balloon with air, what happens in
Vegas stays in Vegas, and skiing is fun... My statements are about as
related as yours. First of Canadian money is "at parity with the US
dollar" because Obama is printing them as fast as the pressed can go and
the rest of the world sees that...

IOW you decided to dodge the issue completely

Reply:
When I was a kid in the mid 1950's we went to Canada and the Canadian
dollar was a lot more than it is now. Was about $1.25 US to the Loonie.
So the amount of unionization has zilch on the exchange rate. The
problem is we have overspent, and you and a lot of other overspenders do
not want to feel any pain. So you decide to screw the next couple
generations and figure you will be dead and buried by the time the bills
have to be paid.

Yep, Turdeau buried us in debt with a worthless dollar for awhile. In
fact we never did pay off Turdeau's indiscretions, it just kept on growing.

Same crap Obama is doing now, but admit Obama-debt spend is mind boggling.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

Reply:
Same thing Japan did, and they have been stagnant for a decade. They
are better off than us, as they at least figured how to cash in
manufacturing. Make the high priced stuff and assemble it in low cost
areas. Tax anything that competes with them, or make requirements that
prevent importation to Japan.

Trouble with Japan, is that in the "lost decades" the standard of living
decreases at a slow but steady rate. Population is decreasing as people
can't afford kids. Before the disaster, population was actually
shrinking faster than GDP.

Japan is an economic mess right now. The disaster will accelerate their
decline. Tehy are already some of the highest taxed people on the planet.

I really doubt the Japanese are better off than Americans. But I am
dealing from what I read, never lived there. But I think your a hell of
a lot better off in the USA (or Canada).

An Expensive Day! Capt. Rob ASA 0 September 7th 07 06:08 PM
Older FRP gas tanks may be at risk with ethanol gas formulations [email protected] General 0 October 14th 05 04:54 PM