BoatBanter.com

-   -   More of the flooding.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/129976-more-flooding.html)

NOYB[_2_] April 28th 11 08:51 PM

More of the flooding, the storms are over

On 4/28/11 2:48 PM, A_boaterer wrote:

harbour.

The same place your **** drains....

******************

How would you know Kevin... been tasting the water lately??

Showing your stupidity again!!! Keep up the good work, idiot!! You do
realize that everybody except you, Harry, and John know who I am and are
laughing at you, don't you?

Actually, I believe everyone thinks you sound just like Loogy. I have
no idea if you are or not, but you do a perfect imitation of Loogy.

*e#c April 28th 11 11:15 PM

More of the flooding....

On Apr 27, 8:44*pm, Tim wrote:
someone interviewed in Cairo (pronounced, Kay-row) Illinois. The
southern tip town
of the state.

* *Yep it's coming if not already there....

http://www.foxillinois.com/news/illi...s-prepare-for-...

(pronounced, Kay-row)

Wrong. It's K- eye row. Funny how Amereecans love to *******ize the
english language.

It's as funny as watching Leno show just how many stupid Amereecans
are out there, with his " Jay - Walking "

Tim April 29th 11 02:21 AM

More of the flooding....

On Apr 28, 5:15*pm, "*e#c" wrote:
On Apr 27, 8:44*pm, Tim wrote:

someone interviewed in Cairo (pronounced, Kay-row) Illinois. The
southern tip town
of the state.

* *Yep it's coming if not already there....

http://www.foxillinois.com/news/illi...s-prepare-for-...

(pronounced, Kay-row)

Wrong. * It's K- eye row. Funny how Amereecans love to *******ize the
english language.

It's as funny as watching Leno show just how many stupid Amereecans
are out there, with his " Jay - Walking "

You can call it "Care-o" or you can call it "Kay-row" but you don't
call it "Kigh-ro"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HzXY...eature=related

And it's been pronounced that way since the early 1800's

True North[_3_] April 29th 11 02:27 AM

More of the flooding....

"*e#c" wrote in message

On Apr 27, 8:44 pm, Tim wrote:
someone interviewed in Cairo (pronounced, Kay-row) Illinois. The
southern tip town
of the state.

Yep it's coming if not already there....

http://www.foxillinois.com/news/illi...s-prepare-for-...

(pronounced, Kay-row)

Wrong. It's K- eye row. Funny how Amereecans love to *******ize the
english language.

It's as funny as watching Leno show just how many stupid Amereecans
are out there, with his " Jay - Walking "

***********************

Rick Mercer used to prove that every week with his short items on the This
Hour Has 22 minutes show.
The executive producer of that show was a regular crew member on the Mirage
33 I crewed on and we did have Rick out once. Funny guy.

Tim April 29th 11 03:15 AM

On Apr 28, 7:56*am, Harryk wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Apr 28, 6:45 am, *wrote:
Tim wrote:
On Apr 27, 7:51 pm, * *wrote:
On Apr 27, 7:44 pm, * *wrote:
someone interviewed in Cairo (pronounced, Kay-row) Illinois. The
southern tip town
of the state.
* * *Yep it's coming if not already there....
http://www.foxillinois.com/news/illi...s-prepare-for-...
Oh boy. The title tells a lot of the story.
http://www.foxillinois.com/news/illi...ee-or-face-ano....
at least for a while...
http://www.accuweather.com/us/radar/sir/us_/radar.asp
I hope you are sitting on your boat as you type this, Tim-ster! *:)
Good luck.

Doing ok, Harry, but I always have one available. My wife said.. What
do we do in the north levee breaks? I said "Head for the pontoon!"

No actually there is a lot of water here, but not the flooding they're
getting in the more southern states. Alll the run-off has to go
somewhere. Here, the fields are flooded, but nobody's houses are
underwater that i know of. * But the verticle drain pipe at my folks
old farm place is 8 ft. high, and at 10PM the water against the levee
(which is the lane to the drive way) was over the cap, The Leveee is
10' above ground, and with a 1' drain pipe it still takes a while to
drain the water down. That's a lot of pressure on that levee.
Hopefully it will be drained down by this evening.

so far so good. But I feel it for Ky. So. IN. and portions of Tenn,
Mis. etc..

How far away from a flooding river are you? I get kidded sometimes about
living close to the Bay, but we're 115' above it here. If the water
rises 116', I won't be worried about the house, because most of the
eastern seaboard will be under water.

Actually, I'm far away from a real flood zone. the closest we came to
a flood where I live is when the Wabash river broke it's levee at
Lawrence county Illinois which is right across the river from
Vincennes Indiana. The levee break caused the flooding of about 75 Sq.
mi. But the direction of the flood was 50 mi away from me. Now when I
used to live there (Westport IL.) , the house I lived in was flooded
right up to the picture window. a couple pictures from the 2888 flood

http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/bizxjwyv/flood.htm

Here's a house three lots up from mine

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3393/...3fb7c55921.jpg

I'd moved away from there 20 years before, but going back over to see
the flood it was interesting to see people water skiing right up old
route. 250....

*e#c April 29th 11 04:55 AM

More of the flooding....

On Apr 28, 9:21*pm, Tim wrote:
On Apr 28, 5:15*pm, "*e#c" wrote:

On Apr 27, 8:44*pm, Tim wrote:

someone interviewed in Cairo (pronounced, Kay-row) Illinois. The
southern tip town
of the state.

* *Yep it's coming if not already there....

http://www.foxillinois.com/news/illi...s-prepare-for-....

(pronounced, Kay-row)

Wrong. * It's K- eye row. Funny how Amereecans love to *******ize the
english language.

It's as funny as watching Leno show just how many stupid Amereecans
are out there, with his " Jay - Walking "

You can call it "Care-o" or you can call it "Kay-row" but you don't
call it "Kigh-ro"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HzXY...eature=related

And it's been pronounced that way since the early 1800's- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, thats the way it is pronounced. Ask any Egyptian. THEY'VE been
saying it that way for 3000 years.....
Kinda out trumps your 1800s, dont it.

*e#c April 29th 11 04:55 AM

More of the flooding....

On Apr 28, 9:27*pm, "True North" wrote:
"*e#c" *wrote in message

On Apr 27, 8:44 pm, Tim wrote:

someone interviewed in Cairo (pronounced, Kay-row) Illinois. The
southern tip town
of the state.

* *Yep it's coming if not already there....

http://www.foxillinois.com/news/illi...s-prepare-for-...

(pronounced, Kay-row)

Wrong. * It's K- eye row. Funny how Amereecans love to *******ize the
english language.

It's as funny as watching Leno show just how many stupid Amereecans
are out there, with his " Jay - Walking "

***********************

Rick Mercer used to prove that every week with his short items on the This
Hour Has 22 minutes show.
The executive producer of that show was a regular crew member on the Mirage
33 I crewed on and we did have Rick out once. *Funny guy.

Mercer should be Prime Minister. Have you seen his " Dudes on
Parliament Hill " video on You Tube? Hilarious.

A_boaterer April 29th 11 01:49 PM

More of the flooding, the storms are over

In article , says...

On 4/28/11 2:48 PM, A_boaterer wrote:

harbour.

The same place your **** drains....

******************

How would you know Kevin... been tasting the water lately??

Showing your stupidity again!!! Keep up the good work, idiot!! You do
realize that everybody except you, Harry, and John know who I am and are
laughing at you, don't you?

Actually, I believe everyone thinks you sound just like Loogy. I have
no idea if you are or not, but you do a perfect imitation of Loogy.

I thought I was "Kevin"???

Tim April 29th 11 01:55 PM

More of the flooding....

On Apr 28, 10:55*pm, "*e#c" wrote:
On Apr 28, 9:21*pm, Tim wrote:

On Apr 28, 5:15*pm, "*e#c" wrote:

On Apr 27, 8:44*pm, Tim wrote:

someone interviewed in Cairo (pronounced, Kay-row) Illinois. The
southern tip town
of the state.

* *Yep it's coming if not already there....

http://www.foxillinois.com/news/illi...s-prepare-for-...

(pronounced, Kay-row)

Wrong. * It's K- eye row. Funny how Amereecans love to *******ize the
english language.

It's as funny as watching Leno show just how many stupid Amereecans
are out there, with his " Jay - Walking "

You can call it "Care-o" or you can call it "Kay-row" but you don't
call it "Kigh-ro"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HzXY...eature=related

And it's been pronounced that way since the early 1800's- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, thats the way it is pronounced. Ask any Egyptian. THEY'VE been
saying it that way for 3000 years.....
Kinda out trumps your 1800s, dont it.

Nope. They Egyptians have been pronouncing the city as al-Qāhira as
long as they've been speaking Arabic, and that hasn't been for 3000
years.

Here, Let Wiki be your friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_language

Egyptian is the indigenous language of Egypt and a branch of the
Afroasiatic language family. Written records of the Egyptian language
have been dated from about 3400 BC,[1] making it one of the oldest
recorded languages known. Egyptian was spoken until the late 17th
century AD in the form of Coptic. The national language of modern-day
Egypt is Egyptian Arabic, which gradually replaced Coptic as the
language of daily life in the centuries after the Muslim conquest of
Egypt.

Scholars group the Egyptian language into six major chronological
divisions:[4]

Archaic Egyptian (before 2600 BC, the language of the Early
Dynastic Period)
Old Egyptian (2686 BC – 2181 BC, the language of the Old Kingdom)
Middle Egyptian (2055 BC – 1650 BC): characterizing Middle Kingdom
(2055 BC – 1650 BC), but enduring through the early 18th Dynasty until
the Amarna Period(1353 BC), and continuing on as a literary language
into the 4th century AD).
Late Egyptian (1069 BC – 700 BC): characterizing the Third
Intermediate Period (1069 BC – 700 BC), but starting earlier with the
Amarna Period (1353 BC).
Demotic (7th century BC – 5th century AD, Late Period through
Roman times)
Coptic (1st century AD – 17th century AD, early Roman times to
early modern times)

Harryk April 29th 11 02:10 PM

More of the flooding....

Tim wrote:
On Apr 28, 10:55 pm, wrote:
On Apr 28, 9:21 pm, wrote:

On Apr 28, 5:15 pm, wrote:
On Apr 27, 8:44 pm, wrote:
[...]

Never mind that, Tim...the real question:

Can you *walk* like an Egyptian?