RG

Default Man held on $1 million bond in boating crash that killed 3

Meanwhile, the biggest safety step that could have prevented this accident
is to stay out of Parker AZ! Its a death trap and has been for years.

The
Colorado is not particulary wide there and for some reason all the crazies
are attracted to the area. I went there years ago on the recommendation

of
a friend. I was there one day and saw that if I wanted to stay in one

piece
I had to do something. I pulled the boat and launched it the next day a
few miles up river above Parker Dam which impounds Lake Havasu. I was like
night and day. That very weekend when I got home, there was an article in
the LA Times about the death rate at Parker on the river. Drunk boating

is
rampant, and its not uncommon for abandoned wrecked boats to be discovered
on the shore line. And this was before PWCs were popular. It must be

like
a demolition derby now. Can't really say, I never went back. This most
recent accident confirms the correctness of my earlier decision.

You're absolutely correct on the insanity of the Parker Strip. I've
launched boats everywhere possible in AZ with that one exception. No
thanks.