Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default New Orleans storm surge preparations.

Very interesting video.

http://www.mvn.usace.army.mil/hps2/v...over_video.asp

As you will hear towards the end, the gulf faces storm surge frequencies that
are significantly greater than the Netherlands (by a factor of 100 if I heard
correctly, our 100 year surge is their 10,000 year surge.). Also note that the
Katrina surge far surpassed the 100 year design surge of 16 feet, Of course, it
was hard to hear that detail in all the cacophony that flooded the waves (pardon
the pun) after Katrina. I always thought the Corps got a bum-rap in that deal.

More preparations Frogwatch General 11 April 10th 10 02:29 AM
Storm at Sea - Powerpoint presentation - File 1 of 1 - storm-op-zee.pps (01/13) Bouler Tall Ship Photos 0 August 25th 09 08:40 PM
Joe could get 21-28 feet of storm surge Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] ASA 1 September 13th 08 02:24 AM
What if: Hurricane Storm surge in NYC [email protected] General 8 September 2nd 08 05:47 PM
CHARLEY - STORM SURGE FLOODING 10'-13' POSSIBLE Scott Vernon ASA 26 August 19th 04 11:50 AM