Default NATO sticks it to Uncle Sam again.

On Mar 25, 11:59*am, wrote:
On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 08:44:30 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 04:27:36 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Mar 24, 11:46 pm, TopBassDog wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...o-fly-libya-us....

NATO Agrees To Take Over Command Of Libya No-Fly Zone, U.S. Likely To
Remain In Charge Of Brunt Of Combat

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The United States welcomed a partial handover for
the Libyan air campaign to NATO on Thursday, but the allies apparently
balked at assuming full control and the U.S. military was left in
charge of the brunt of combat.

NATO agreed to take over command of the newly established no-fly zone
over Libya, protective flights meant to deter Libyan strongman Moammar
Gadhafi from putting warplanes in the air. That leaves the U.S. with
responsibility for attacks on Gadhafi's ground forces and other
targets, which are the toughest and most controversial portion of the
operation....

It is certain that NATO wishes the United states all the grief, while
the United Nations shares the glory within itself. This is nothing
new. The United Nations prefers to hate the U.S. while it's leaders
try to appease the UN by bending forward before it, and giving the
American cheque payer the bill.

You should really vote in different politicians.

I got a really weird [maybe bad] feeling about this whole scenario.

You ever wonder if maybe *all* the uprisings over there are inspired by al
Queada, with the eventual goal of a totally radical Islamic side of the world.

Wow, that could make life a bitch. I wonder what we'll do when they go after
Saudi Arabia.

I guess when the people on the ground there claim that Obama inspired
them, they love America, and have signs that read Yes We Can, that
means in your tiny brain that bin laden is behind it all.

Ah yes, another bit of stupidity from nincdepoop.

How better to get support from Obama than to proclaim him the Messiah
and praise the country of which he's the president.

Wake up, ninc. And, I'm not one to put up with your continuous
stupidity.

John H wrote:

Ah yes, another bit of stupidity from nincdepoop.

How better to get support from Obama than to proclaim him the Messiah
and praise the country of which he's the president.

Wake up, ninc. And, I'm not one to put up with your continuous
stupidity.

Speaking of stupidity, herring, you're only a baby step in intelligence
above your fellow right-wing racists here.

wrote:

[...]

Ah yes, another bit of racist nonsense from a right-wing moron.

Despite your stupidity, you have the right to declare it as often as
you like.

wrote:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 04:27:36 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Mar 24, 11:46 pm, wrote:
[...]

Scary part, the idiot might have is is going to breed. What a thought.

On Mar 24, 11:46 pm, wrote:
[...]

Dear, you are talking gibberish.

On Mar 24, 11:46 pm, wrote:
[...]

But, she's being all that she can be. That's what counts.

wrote:

[...]

That's paranoid, but would be a wise course, for them....

Wow, that could make life a bitch. I wonder what we'll do when they go
after
Saudi Arabia.

Since nearly all of the 911 attackers were from Saudi Arabia.... been
there done that.....

Bottom Line? give people a taste of freedom and self determination and
things will take their own course.

The Libyans (unlike the Iraqis) are the best current example of folks
willing to fight and die for that cause. Morally, we owe them a bit of
help..... and should NOT turn our backs on them the way we did the
Poles in WWII.....

To place this in historical perspective... we should be eternally
grateful to the French for providing damn near every grain of powder
fired by US during the American Revolution..... otherwise you'd be
speaking British, today....
*************

Speaking British might be a vast improvement over what comes out of the
mouths of Kevin, Scotty and some of the other dopers in this newsgroup.
;-)

wrote:

[...]

Well, my gosh. It's nice to know you have such a great warmth for all those
rebels everywhere.

I sure as hell hope you're right and they're all 'good guys'!

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:00:37 -0400, Gene
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I am, also, not Pollyanna... I hope so, too.... sometimes you just
have to give it your best shot and hope your best guess won't come
back and slap you silly....

I guess erring on the positive side is better than doing nothing....
however, the "fool me once" caveat kicks in and we don't get silly
twice....

If Afghanistan is once...and it is, then Libya is twice. Even Gen Ham can't
answer the questions he's given.

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 20:41:16 -0400, Gene
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Keep your fingers crossed.... this really is a gamble.... an honest
gamble.... but, in all honesty, a gamble...

I'm thinking it's a gamble designed to attract some Republican and Independent
votes...nothing more.

NATO is concerned about smarter pirates Tim General 0 January 15th 11 10:09 PM
Blue Cross Sticks It to Everyone...Still. Secular Humouresque General 14 October 20th 10 03:41 AM
Denmark and Nato.. Soren General 3 April 11th 09 04:18 PM
Uncle Sam Needs the Rec.Boats Righties... Bert Robbins General 0 June 19th 05 10:36 PM
It's your Uncle Sam calling... Tim General 31 March 11th 05 12:14 PM