Default Gas getting higher.

On Feb 28, 1:12*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 05:44:56 -0500, Wayne.B

wrote:
On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 21:24:46 -0800, jps wrote:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 19:50:35 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 15:16:48 -0800, jps wrote:

Corporations are beholden to their stockholders, not the customer.

Any business is a balancing act between customers, stockholders
(owners), and employees. *On top of that, throw in the government,
general public, media and financial services just for good measure.

My advice? * Become a stockholder. * It's very satisfying to be a
stakeholder in a well run business. *

I am a large stakeholder in my own corporation, and it's run very
efficiently. *But it's not in the oil industry where competitors work
in collusion. *I have competitors in what's called a free market.

Any time oil/gas prices go up, it becomes very popular to think that
there is some vast conspiracy behind it. *Who's fault is it when
prices go the other way as they sometimes do? *There are vast numbers
of middle men involved in the production, distribution, refining and
transportation of oil. * If they think prices are going up in the near
future because of a posible shortage, they do the same thing that you
and I would do, and try to buy more right now. *The only collusion
involved is supply and demand.

Actually, it's pretty obvious there is a conspiracy.

Ah! So you admit to being a *teabagger*

On 3/1/11 1:30 AM, jps wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:04:45 -0500,
wrote:

On 2/28/11 12:01 PM, jps wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 07:52:11 -0500,
wrote:

On 2/28/11 7:45 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 15:16:48 -0800, wrote:

Corporations are beholden to their stockholders, not the customer.

Any business is a balancing act between customers, stockholders
(owners), and employees. On top of that, throw in the government,
general public, media and financial services just for good measure.

My advice? Become a stockholder. It's very satisfying to be a
stakeholder in a well run business.

I am a large stakeholder in my own corporation, and it's run very
efficiently. But it's not in the oil industry where competitors work
in collusion. I have competitors in what's called a free market.

Have you reald Welch's book.

Indeed, I've read Welch's The Politician, and also the Bluebook of the
John Birch Society. My mother got them for me as gag gifts while in high
school and after I was graduated. That right-wing lunatic, Koch, is a
prominent Bircher. My mom, a minor Republican functionary in New Haven,
said, "you'll get a laugh out of *this* craziness."

Oh, wait, you probably are referring to a different Welch.

Damn, Bertie the Bircher. Probably worships Pat Buchannan.

We all know that the Commies fluoridate our water in order to diminish
our precious bodily fluids.

Bunch of loons. They were loons in the 60s and they're still loons.

You're probably not old enough to remember the Chad Mitchell Trio, but
this song of theirs is a minor classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG6taS9R1KM

The John Birchers were crazy as loons. The modern GOP'ers/Teahadists are
their inheritors.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

On 2/28/11 12:01 PM, jps wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 07:52:11 -0500,
wrote:

On 2/28/11 7:45 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

As are the democratic Fleabaggers...

On 3/1/11 8:22 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 23:26:39 -0800, wrote:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 02:09:55 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:39:06 -0800,
wrote:

Great... except for the part that the Wall Street price manipulators
play... I guess you don't remember Enron...

I remember it well. I also remember that Wall Street is located in
Manhattan. I worked there for many years and know the location well,
not to mention a few things about the industry. Enron, on the other
hand was headquartered in Houston, Texas - part of the energy
industry, the fraudulent part.

You're claiming that there was no connection between Enron
manipulation and Wall Street?

http://www.forbes.com/2001/11/29/1129topnews.html

Enron borrowed from large money center banks before their fraud was
suspected and exposed. No crime there, just questionable risk
analysis on the part of the lenders who were mostly relying on audited
financial statements.

Large corporations don't order toilet paper without consulting with
their investment bankers, brokers and others in the financial services
industry.

Surely you are not trying to let the so-called "Wall Street financial
community" off the hook for its major role in bringing down our economy.

Wait...you probably are.

Ahh, audited financial statements...as if the big CPA firms weren't part
of the game.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:29:11 -0800, jps wrote:

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, reserves are going up at the
same time price is going up. That's not supply and demand.

Of course it is. The reserves are created by people buying in
advance of actual need in expectation that supplies may be tighter at
a later date and/or prices higher. There is no big tank labeled
reserves. It is the sum total of inventory on hand.

That's a bunch of crap. Those markets are manipulated as are the
stock prices you hold so dear. Let's see how much you like 'em when
they take the next dump.

Let's see if I understand this. When asset prices are moving in a
direction that is favorable to you, it's because you are a shrewd
investor and money manager. When values move in an unfavorable
direction it is because you are being manipulated?

Thanks, think I've got it now.

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 1, 7:41*am, Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

Wayne, i always thought that if all goes well for you then it was by
your own hand, but if it crumbles it's somebody else's fault.

i think that's how it usually works.

?;^ )

Higher gas coming *sigh* Tim General 0 May 13th 09 06:33 AM
Older FRP gas tanks may be at risk with ethanol gas formulations [email protected] General 0 October 14th 05 04:54 PM