Default Honor Vietnam Vets?

Ziggy® wrote:

It is also not really very effective. We are just at war with their
birth rate at this point. (Actually what McCrystal said before he was
fired). We are killing "terrorists" who were babies when 9-11
happened.

What McCrystal said was to undermine his boss. He got fired for that.

That was not what he said that got him fired.
He said the president was clueless and referred to the VP as "Bite Me"
among other things.

I still don't see what he said that was wrong.

Obama fired him to save face.

Of course.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...
It is also not really very effective. We are just at war with their
birth rate at this point. (Actually what McCrystal said before he was
fired). We are killing "terrorists" who were babies when 9-11
happened.

What McCrystal said was to undermine his boss. He got fired for that.

That was not what he said that got him fired.
He said the president was clueless and referred to the VP as "Bite Me"
among other things.

Makes you wonder how the asshole ever became a general officer.

Flag officers have to be politicians.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 07:48:18 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article , payer3389
says...
It is also not really very effective. We are just at war with their
birth rate at this point. (Actually what McCrystal said before he was
fired). We are killing "terrorists" who were babies when 9-11
happened.

What McCrystal said was to undermine his boss. He got fired for that.

That was not what he said that got him fired.
He said the president was clueless and referred to the VP as "Bite Me"
among other things.

Makes you wonder how the asshole ever became a general officer.

Flag officers have to be politicians.

Obviously, he wasn't too good at his job.